CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

resizing

Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
boricua00735
resizing

I just bought a new nikkon coolpix l100 and took some really nice pictures but they are way to large to post on here. Does anyone know hoe to resize images so that i can upload them here. My images are about 3.5-4 mb on average!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
boricua00735
anybody???

Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Amanda47
Irfanview is free and easy to use, safe download:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Here is a video that shows how to resize:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMR5E8s0TE

Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
cornsnakeforsale_com
I like easy thumbnails for resizing. You just set what size you want in the settings (800 wide by 600 tall is good), then just right click in Windows Explorer or My Computer and choose "make thumbnail". Make sure you save a copy of the original cause I think it overwrites them in place by default.

Irfanview is a really good photo viewer and photoshop elements is nice for editing photos. That's my arsenal. The first 2 are free, the third is not.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
boricua00735
thanks a lot download it works like a charm!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Nanci
If you're not at your home computer, you can use picresize.com on any computer.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
boricua00735
Thanks nancy will try that when i use my phone

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #8
kdickens
Resizr

I've used Resixr.com a lot and love it. Very easy to use and it's free.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
Karl_Mcknight
if you use a Windows Operating system on a computer, you can open any picture with the "Windows Paint Program." Then up on the toolbar is a "Re-Size" button.

I have 2 video cameras, a Cell phone Camera and a Digital camera, and each one came with its own software, and each one takes different size pictures, etc....

I've just found it easier personally to use 1 program to manage the color, cropping and sizing for all my pics, and that is the Windows Paint option. It's very easy and it's already installed on every computer with a Windows OS.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:56 AM   #10
fab23
The most popular pic resizer online is now accessible for free to you. You can now simply crop photo online using this tool. It is simple and intuitive to use; http://www.picresizer.net/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google