CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby Corn Snake stuck shed on head

Old 10-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
AneryOwner2020
Baby Corn Snake stuck shed on head

Hello fellow owners. This is my first corn snake, and I've had him for about a month now. He is an Anery Bloodred and just had his first shed on October 14th. He had some stuck shed on his neck and head for a couple of days after the main one was gone, so I have him a couple of baths to get it off. I think it's all gone now, except this little spot on his head. I am not sure if this is old skin, or just how his scale is. Any help with this?

Old 10-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Honestly from the picture, I can't quite tell. Does it look flaky or pulled up at the edges? If you think it might be a bit of stuck shed, feel free to let him slither through a damp paper towel while you apply gentle pressure to the area. If it's shed, it should come off and if it's not, then the damp towel trick shouldn't be detrimental.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:27 AM   #3
AneryOwner2020
I gave him another bath a few hours ago. Didn't come off. It's just that little piece I circled is a bit duller than his surrounding scales in person. I looked back at previous pictures and I can't tell. I've heard for small pieces of stuck shed like this they can come off when he sheds again. I am just worried I guess.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
AneryOwner2020
Update: Jai'reef just had his 2nd shed, and that little spot came off! However, it did leave a mark on him. Hopefully that spot blends in later with the rest of his skin, but if not then that makes him more unique!

Old 12-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
Interesting! I bet it will heal and look normal after a few more sheds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google