• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

We're back!

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty darn unbelievable to me, too! I was expected this to be down at least all through Saturday, but the security guy who did the migration for me is some sort of wizard. He even got the chat system working without breaking into a sweat. He says he has done THOUSANDS of these, and I darn well believe him. I have NEVER, EVER gone through a server move this easily before.

So anyway, hopefully everything will be OK and those redirects are gone. It may be possible that they will be cached on your local PC or in a server somewhere between mine and your own browser, however. So let's just see what happens.

I'm going to bed. I was so stressed out thinking I was going to be stressed out over this the next few days that I feel relieved and drained.

It's still been a little glitchy for me. I haven't gotten a redirect, but I've gotten site not available, or something, a few times. I also noticed Fauna Ads was down, when I went to make a payment. I figured that was just less of a priority and would be coming on line soon, though.

I was having a few problems earlier with this site, pages getting hung up, not wanting to load but that seems to have smoothed out.
However I am not able to log in to Faunaclassifieds, it processes like its logging me in but then dumps me back at the portal page unlogged in. Not really the place to mention it I suppose but since I can't log in over there, can't really report it on that site.

I have had that problem. Once you log in and get that page click on another link and when it goes to that page see if you are logged in. One day I logged in a dozen times said screw it and went to my destination and I was actually logged in.

I have had that problem. Once you log in and get that page click on another link and when it goes to that page see if you are logged in. One day I logged in a dozen times said screw it and went to my destination and I was actually logged in.

That has _always_ happened to me on Fauna, as long as I can remember.

Yeah, that eventually worked.
One problem I'm still having with this site is that I'm not getting email notices for new replies to threads.

Safari keeps telling me that the site is moved or has a different address. Same on my Kindle. It sometimes works, but I have to switch between devices to make it work. It may have stopped now, I don't know.

Quick server move, though. That was incredibly quick.

It's super-glitchy for me today, too. Server not found. I've cleared my cache, restarted my computer. Same thing. Can't Google it, can't type it in, can't use a bookmark. So I check Fauna and Fauna Ads, they're fine, type in CS, and it works.

I was having a few problems earlier with this site, pages getting hung up, not wanting to load but that seems to have smoothed out.
However I am not able to log in to Faunaclassifieds, it processes like its logging me in but then dumps me back at the portal page unlogged in. Not really the place to mention it I suppose but since I can't log in over there, can't really report it on that site.

This sort of problem has been addressed in a thread in the Feedback Forum over on FC -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119797

Actually I had my own problems the last couple of days. I was able to access all of my sites fine Saturday morning, then went out of town for most of the day. When I got back I could access all of my sites except THIS one. Long story short is that I had to change the DNS pointers in my home router to point to a different DNS server. Must have been a glitch in my original one, so I just bypassed it by going to a completely different DNS server.

Seriously, the more you look into how all this internet stuff works, it is TRULY a miracle that it works at all.

Looks like I have been getting notices but they have been going to the spam folder, so that's one problem fixed.

I couldn't access it at all for the first day or two, but then dns caught up, so most everyone should be good again.

It's a lot snappier now for sure.

I was surprised to find the site back up so quickly. I haven't had any problems other than a lack of subscribed threads notifications. I checked my user cp and found the notification boxes weren't checked. Hopefully that will fix it.

Glad to hear that it went well for you Rich. You have an awesome site here.

Back