CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Ziploc Vacuum Sealer (manual pump) review and Food Saver comparison.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #11
Popcorn715
Quote:
Originally Posted by drybgerg View Post
I can see that happening! As you now know the air starts coming out right away so if one or two pumps in and nothing is happening then you know you got a problem lol.
It was a really tiny spot that wasn't clicked shut so it did sort of seem to be working, but you're right, now that I know how it's supposed to be, it's very easy to identify.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Kat_Dog
I use vis-a-vis markers to write on my bags. They aren't as erasable as dry erase markers, but not as permanent as sharpies. They come off easily with water

I wanted to buy one of those kits, but I have a foodsaver with a roll of bags somewhere, maybe if I can't find it for much longer I'll try the ziplock system...

Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
drybgerg
Just a small update. I had 8 pinks I needed to add to my pink bag and it was so much easier with the Ziploc, no cutting and no hassle of dragging out the Food Saver.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
kc261
Thanks so much for posting this detailed review! We have a food saver, but I just hate using it because it is such a pain. I've looked at the ziploc system, but was afraid that anything that was that cheap wouldn't work well. It is good to know several people on here are happy using it!

I do have one question. It looks like you might need to be able to put the suction thing on a flat surface on top of the special valve part of the bag, which would mean you couldn't fill it very full, to be able to have that part of the bag flat. Does it work/how well does it work if you really fill the bag so the valve section isn't able to lay flat?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #15
Wamba681
I've used these bags with an electronic pump (Which is nice when you're sealing 30-40 bags..) and here's what I've noticed. When put into a deep freeze environment (I keep all my mice in a deep freezer at -20F or below) the glue that the plastic flap that seals the vacuum hole on the top right hand corner of the bag.. fails. More often then not. So then the bag is no longer vacuumed sealed, but since I have the freezer so cold, doesn't make a difference really.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #16
drybgerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamba681 View Post
I've used these bags with an electronic pump (Which is nice when you're sealing 30-40 bags..) and here's what I've noticed. When put into a deep freeze environment (I keep all my mice in a deep freezer at -20F or below) the glue that the plastic flap that seals the vacuum hole on the top right hand corner of the bag.. fails. More often then not. So then the bag is no longer vacuumed sealed, but since I have the freezer so cold, doesn't make a difference really.
That's interesting thanks for the information.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #17
drybgerg
Used it again yesterday, so much easier for me when opening 3 or 4 different feeder bags without cutting and being able to seal them back up instantly without cords is great.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #18
Nadine88
I ordered one (comes with 3 bags) from Amazon in my June Subscribe and Save order for $3 and change. I am excited to get it since I bought some mice from Big Cheese during their flat rate shipping promo.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #19
drybgerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine88 View Post
I ordered one (comes with 3 bags) from Amazon in my June Subscribe and Save order for $3 and change. I am excited to get it since I bought some mice from Big Cheese during their flat rate shipping promo.
Good deal!

Old 09-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #20
drybgerg
I've been using the same 5 bags now 3 months without any problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google