CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Best place to buy

Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
MrTisdale
Ok so I will be skipping over fuzzy mice ?

Thank you all for so much help. These forums have helped me learn so much about my snake and to give it the best care. I find myself always on the forums now haha thank you again.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
dave partington
Reptile show/expo/sales frequently have vendors of frozen food. Take along a cooler and plenty of ice or a chunk of dry ice to make sure they don't thaw out on the way home. Check the Repticon website for locations.
Edit to add:
Of course, driving, time, gas, eats en route, etc, will all be added expenses to the total cost of the purchase so having a box of frozen goodies sent to your home may be more economically feasible.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTisdale View Post
Ok so I will be skipping over fuzzy mice ?

Thank you all for so much help. These forums have helped me learn so much about my snake and to give it the best care. I find myself always on the forums now haha thank you again.
With that supplier, the sizes are not uniform (which for me is a plus!) so there will be a few really big pinks and probably 50% very small hoppers, which should get you to the "real" hoppers.

Weaneds are often called "small adults" by the supplier. For feeding purposes, a weanling is a mouse weighing 14-18 grams.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
MrTisdale
Ok ty so much I'm going to place an order this afternoon .. I also spoke with chip he lives 4hrs away from me so kinda a far drive for some mice 😃 if I'm in that area ever I will def be making a pit stop though lol

Old 05-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #15
Alli_Draggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Reptile show/expo/sales frequently have vendors of frozen food. Take along a cooler and plenty of ice or a chunk of dry ice to make sure they don't thaw out on the way home. Check the Repticon website for locations.
Edit to add:
Of course, driving, time, gas, eats en route, etc, will all be added expenses to the total cost of the purchase so having a box of frozen goodies sent to your home may be more economically feasible.
Not to mention the possible expense of falling in love with another snake and bringing him/her home .

Old 05-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #16
MrTisdale
Oo i love reptiles haha I had to practically beg my wife to let me buy a snake haha. Iv always wanted a snake but growing up my mom would never allow it but now I'm married and my wife said ok .. I might have to sneak Afew more into the room she's scared to go in there now so she will never know bahahha 😀 ..that could go bad though if she found out

Old 07-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
Saji
MiceDirect, especially due to the often ongoing sales.

Saji

Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #18
Shaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTisdale View Post
Oo i love reptiles haha I had to practically beg my wife to let me buy a snake haha. Iv always wanted a snake but growing up my mom would never allow it but now I'm married and my wife said ok .. I might have to sneak Afew more into the room she's scared to go in there now so she will never know bahahha 😀 ..that could go bad though if she found out
Similar situation here! Now that I've got a corn snake, naturally my son wants one too, and he's also liking ball pythons... and I've always wanted a king snake... and did I mention that we are incubating ten eggs from a eastern rat shake we caught and released from the wild?
Lucky you, sounds like you get a reptile room now. "What happens in the reptile room, stays in the reptile room!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google