• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First feed at my house was a family affair

Christiaan

Hi there.

Here are some photos of the first time I fed My New Babies at home. It was a family affair. Even the kitten showed interest in what was going on...

I am just very glad they eat well after there 7 hour road trip from the snake farm less than a week ago.

Attachments

• DSC05582.jpg
    DSC05582.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC05614.jpg
    DSC05614.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC05596.jpg
    DSC05596.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC05603.jpg
    DSC05603.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC05621.jpg
    DSC05621.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 164
Great snakes! You should feed them separately though, snakes can mistake another snake for food, it's more common during or just after feeding. Good luck with the new ones!

Do both your snakes live together? I'd be especially careful of that with a jungle corn ...

They do stay seperatly and will get fed seperatly. This was a controlled photo shoot and I separated them straight afterwards.

I don't understand why you would purposley put your snakes together to feed? Maybe for a quick photo session, but not a feeding photo?! Perhaps you do not understand the potential risks in doing so...

IMO photographing snakes feeding on their own can be stressful nevermind shoving them together and flinging in some mice THEN making a spectacle of it? Maybe I am over reacting.

:punch: Hi Tula_Montage

I think you are over reacting a bit here. I do know the risks involved and I was not trying to make a spectical of the wole thing.

If I only submitted the first 3 photos then this would not even be mentioned.

All I was trying to do is to share the excitement of my new alivals with other corn owners and not open myself up to Ill-treatment. :punch:

Hardly ill-treatment... THATS overreacting. And there was no need for those emotes.

I understand the excitment of new arrivals, but puting snakes together to feed for the purpose of pictures just baffles me.

Lovely snakes, but I hope you don't mind if I raise a concern. Feeding on a particulate substrate could lead to impaction if enough indigestible matter sticks to the prey and is swallowed by the snake, particularly in hatchlings.

Tula_Montage said:
I don't understand why you would purposley put your snakes together to feed? Maybe for a quick photo session, but not a feeding photo?! Perhaps you do not understand the potential risks in doing so...

IMO photographing snakes feeding on their own can be stressful nevermind shoving them together and flinging in some mice THEN making a spectacle of it? Maybe I am over reacting.
Elle I agree with you, even for "effect" the first thing noticed is they are together, the second is the substrate they are eating on, along with substrate in water dish. But maybe I am over reactin also. susan

At the very least, ignoring the other argument, take them out of that substrate when feeding them, that is a very good way to get your snakes impacted.
Also keep in mind that all of this arguing only has your snakes best intrests at mind...so I guess you do what you think is best, but if anything ever happens as a result don't say that they didn't try to warn you... :shrugs:

I see no arguing? I merely pointed out the obvious problems with feeding 3 snakes in the same tank on ingestible substrate. If I hadn't questioned his motives, someone else would have.

Tula_Montage said:
I see no arguing? I merely pointed out the obvious problems with feeding 3 snakes in the same tank on ingestible substrate. If I hadn't questioned his motives, someone else would have.

Well he seems to think you guys are arguing with him, so I stuck with the word.

nice snakes, really beautiful.

For the advise given;

Nowing you now they shoudn't be fed together makes us happy :)

for the substrate, what is that? little rocks? anyway, I would advise some other substrate. Plenty of choise in that. Those litle guys like to burrow from time to time so some aspen or repti bark works great and keeps you're humidity right. If u need more info, do a search on substrate in the forum.

For the rest,...

Hey, welcom to the wonderfull world of cornsnakes :cheers:

Gratz

Mythaz

Back