CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

American Cornsnake Registry

Old 08-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
MysticExotics
American Cornsnake Registry

I know a number of people here have registered as breeders on the ACR, but how many here are active in registering? I'd love to see more breeders active in registering, at least their breeder snakes, and then the buyers can register the babies if they want.
I'm still small enough that I could register all of my babies as well.
Even though I have made Mystic Exotics an official small business, I will likely never have even double digit clutches going at the same time.

I do have to catch up on registering my babies, which I hope to do in the near future.

It is a great resource to help track lineage! I wish they had it for Carpet Pythons and Crested Geckos.
They do have registry for Corns, Kings and Milks, ATB's, Leo's and BP's.

I have registered for both Cornsnakes (#808) as well as for Kingsnakes (#9)-for my Mexican Black Kings.

American Cornsnake Registry for the Cornsnakes

Lampro Lines (for Kings and Milks, if anyone is interested)

Old 08-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I just recently made an ACR account and registered all my snakes and all my babies. I love record keeping and seeing the lineages, so I'm glad the site exists.

I feel like the site could use a bit of refining (or maybe I'm just not good at navigating it), because sometimes I want to look at the profile for one of my snakes, and I have to go to the edit page, copy and paste the ACR number, and then enter it into the box. I feel like I should just be able to click on any of my snakes to view their page or edit.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I just recently made an ACR account and registered all my snakes and all my babies. I love record keeping and seeing the lineages, so I'm glad the site exists.

I feel like the site could use a bit of refining (or maybe I'm just not good at navigating it), because sometimes I want to look at the profile for one of my snakes, and I have to go to the edit page, copy and paste the ACR number, and then enter it into the box. I feel like I should just be able to click on any of my snakes to view their page or edit.
There could be a couple tweaks to make it a little more user friendly, but I know this new version is fairly recent.
I thought you used to be able to register a whole clutch at a time, but I might be thinking of iHerp.
It used to be that you enter all the info, and they processed everything and mailed the registrations to you.
It also used to cost money to register your animals.
They had a lump fee, where you could register as many as you wanted in a certain timeframe, once you paid a fee (I think it was $60) otherwise you paid for each registry seprately.

They changed it so that registration is free for everyone, and I think they made a couple modifications at that time.

I cannot complain though, I am very happy that it exists.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
I'm glad they made it free. That was the only thing that was preventing me from using it before. I also wouldn't mind if they had some sort of premium features if they wanted to charge a fee, or just the basic site if you didn't want to pay.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Nanci
You used to be able to pre-register a clutch. You'd send in the parent's numbers, then you'd get back color-coded stickers for each clutch, one unique number for each hatchling. The new owner would then just need to add their own info and the name, and the snake would be registered.

I'm an ACR user. All the snakes in the house are registered, except the new hatchlings.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
MysticExotics
I would be willing to pay for some extra features, as well. I did pay for the batch registering before, it was worth it.

That would be great if they did, but I understand it likely became too much work before.
Maybe it will evolve into a litte more over time.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
You used to be able to pre-register a clutch. You'd send in the parent's numbers, then you'd get back color-coded stickers for each clutch, one unique number for each hatchling. The new owner would then just need to add their own info and the name, and the snake would be registered.

I'm an ACR user. All the snakes in the house are registered, except the new hatchlings.
That's what I thought, but I hadn't been active for a year or so, because the year before last, I didn't have any Cornsnake babies.

I have some I have to name, and I will be finishing all of my registrations.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I'm glad they made it free. That was the only thing that was preventing me from using it before.
Me too!

I registered some corns when they first started up, then was unable to log in for some time and when they finally made it free, I wanted to register my newer snakes and couldn't.
Recently I found my old password and now I am able to log in again. It's just a matter of doing a bunch of data entry.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #9
MysticExotics
I guess now that you can go in and edit them really easily, I don't need to wait until they're
named to register them, I can go in and add names later.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #10
maxfox426
This is something I'm tragically behind on. This is one of those things that every time I get started on the process, something gets in the way. I know at least Celia is already registered, and I have the ACR#s of the parents of most my snakes. Now with the move, it's going to be another while again before I can dig that information up out of whatever box it's packed in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google