CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Happy Inauguration Day Eve!!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
Nanci
Happy Inauguration Day Eve!!

Trump's speech after his welcome concert!!

Old 01-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Twolunger
So sad to see protesters trying to block the thousands trying to celebrate the inauguration. Protest if you feel the need, but don't interfere with those wanting to see the new President and the peaceful change of administrations.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
Rich Z
Connie and I watched the inauguration via live feed, and I was glad to see it went without any interruptions or incidents.

So now Mr. Trump is behind the steering wheel. Let's see if he can make good on his promise to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Lord knows we sure could use that for a change in the direction we have been heading.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Twolunger
If President Trump can rebuild the military, stop the transfer of terrorists out of Guantanamo, and re-establish the USA as the world's greatest power, he will have done something outstanding. If he can bring real jobs back to this country, build the wall, shrink our government, and replace Obamacare, he's well on the way to making the USA great again.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
Rich Z
Well, it is going to be an uphill battle for him, since that swamp is FAR from being drained, and it's not going to go without a fight.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #6
Twolunger
It's going to be interesting, I'll say that for sure.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #7
Distaff
He can't fix everything. Too much damage.
Nevertheless, I am hoping for eight good years!
My outlook has been so much better since the election - feels like the country has fundamentally changed direction for the better.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distaff View Post
He can't fix everything. Too much damage.
Nevertheless, I am hoping for eight good years!
My outlook has been so much better since the election - feels like the country has fundamentally changed direction for the better.
I know. When it was obvious he was going to win, I felt as if a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Like I could breathe again. I know he can't fix everything- but hopefully he can fix some things, without making us lose the things that are most important to my liberal friends.

I started following Donald on Twitter, and for some reason when he tweets, I get a text message of it, like he's texting me personally. It's cool. I hope he doesn't get muzzled too much- I love the unfettered version so much. I don't know if they're going to take away his @realDonaldTrump account for the duration. I hope not.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #9
Rich Z
I'm actually getting a kick out of watching the Youtube videos of the protestors. I watched one where a girl was whining about who was now going to be paying off her student loan debt because Hillary lost. I guess Hillary promised to void all those student loans, which certainly would have helped get the attention of the millennial voters. Sorry, dear, but YOU incurred the debt, not all the rest of us taxpayers. YOU reaped the benefit of that education, not us. Assuming it wasn't wasted effort, of course.

I expect there will be a lot more such videos being uploaded to Youtube over the next few days. So I expect to be entertained for a while.

Pretty much seems that all of the protestors are just chanting the same mantras, and then when asked directly about what exactly they are protesting about Trump, parrot the same party lines that were spread by the fake news "major" media sources.

Then I skimmed a short article on one of the media sources commenting on how much smaller the crowd was at Trump's inauguration than was present at Obama's. Well, were there protestors at Obama's inauguration forming human chains to block Trump supporters from GETTING into the inauguration crowd like there were at Trump's?

I wonder how much these protestors cost the people who were paying them to be there? I do find it amusing that they had to actually PAY people to protest, which makes it obvious that they didn't believe there was really enough REAL angst from the "Hillary losers" to count on for newsworthy protests.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Nova_C
It seems Trump is following up on his promise to ban Muslims from entering the US. Last night he signed an Executive Order prohibiting anyone from entering from certain countries, unless they are refugees belonging to a minority religion in those countries. All countries names are majority Muslim nations, but have Christian minorities. Ostensibly, this is to prevent 'terrorists' from entering the US.

Interesting to me is that neither of the nations from which the 9/11 terrorists came from are mentioned: Saudi Arabia and Egypt. More interesting is that these two nations are nations in which Trump has business operations.

Worryingly, legal residents of the US, such as people with green cards, who were returning to the US to their families have been turned away. Lawsuits are already being filed by people being detained simply for returning home.

More worringly, the text of the Executive order had to be leaked to the press. Neither the public, nor the people expected to enforce the EO have been provided with details. Trump has signed this EO without any kind of oversight or review, and is refusing to publish it's details.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google