CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Trip to Tasmania! Snake stuff :)

Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
MegF.
Trip to Tasmania! Snake stuff :)

I was able to take a trip to Australia this year and spent 10 days in Tasmania visiting with friends and snake hunting. There are only three species of snake on Tasmania but of course they are all venomous! Lots of other wildlife though and I was lucky to see platypus in the wild, cockatoos (2 varieties), quoll, achidna and a small scorpion. Good fun!
Closet the Chappell Island Tiger snake

Jane and I and an unhappy Copperhead

Tigersnake in defensive posture

Copperhead

A bunch of Tigersnakes

Old 03-22-2017, 03:07 AM   #2
Rich Z
Sounds like a great trip!

And nice pics, but I pity the people who try to view them using a small screen.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
MegF.
I just don't get why they are sizing so large. Never used to happen to me and now every time I put a photo up it makes them huge. These are off of Facebook....shouldn't be this big since they size them down there........I used to easily post from anywhere and now everything is big!
And yes, it was a great trip! Good people and interesting wildlife.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
Dragonling
They don't actually size them down generally (though they compress the everliving hell out of them), they just adjust them to your screen. I'm betting your website automatically does the same.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #5
MegF.
Have no idea. I've never had this issue before and I've been on here since '03......don't know what the deal is, as I never size my photos down. Not sure if it's because I shoot a higher resolution photo now or not...the ones on my website should have sized down as well but didn't. May have to pull photos off my iherp account or something for other stuff...pain in the butt to resize everything!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google