CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

A little help please? DUW

Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
Yarmuck
A little help please? DUW

We named this fellow Ampersand.

We were at LLLReptile in Oceanside getting some frozen mice as we do once every couple of months. I was going through all of their corns as I usual to see if there was one I could "rescue" from their tiny prisons. I came across this little guy and he was labeled as a snow. But he didn't look like any snow I've ever seen or any of the other snows there. He didn't even look like the coral snows they had. The saddle and the ground color hardly had any white and look very close in pigment. BTW: Purchase price $25

So any ideas of what I've got?

So do we have any ideas? Or is this just a particularly special snow?

Old 05-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
diamondlil
Looks like a snow that is close to shedding to me, they get that translucent effect after the eyes clear.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Yarmuck
I think he just recently shed. You can see in the top two pics that he has some left over on her tail that I really need to get off!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Shiari
He looks like how my snow did as a hatchling. He may end up being a peach-and-white color the way Ferenea did. Just an 'average' snow.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Nanci
Snow! Soak her in shallow, room temp water (not over her head) on a washcloth for 20 minutes. Either she'll have peeled it off herself, or you can gently rub it off. This is very important and I wouldn't delay it for any reason, such as settling in.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
diamondlil
He's a lovely little snow. To you he's special because you chose him and are going to raise him.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
4riscorn
Looks exactly like my snow Romeo

Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
PJ@PJCReptiles
LLL Reptiles buys in bulk from all over the country, so you have no idea what that lil guy could be het for let alone what form of Snow base he is.

Snow for now, time might tell...

too much pattern to say blizzard

not enough diffusion and too many belly checks to say avalanche

not pink enough to say hypo snow or glacier (snopal)

YET, not all snow based hatchlings look the ideal image. And not all snow hatchlings look the same. Some grow up to show pinks and peaches, others yellows and greens and some are just plain white snows. Good pick up no matter what he is.

Keep us updated with pics as he grows and sheds.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Yarmuck
If he grew up to be peach, that'd be just... Well... PEACHY! No worries folks, got that tail shed off no prob.

Thanks for all the input. I'm just a sucker for snows with a particular lack of pigment. I think I secretly just want to breed see-through corns!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
PJ@PJCReptiles
You mean kinda like this one?...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google