CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

A Force Feeding suggestion.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
Nanci
8 years later, you can buy a tube feeding kit (Kathy Love, for one, sells them) that comes with ferret food and everything you need.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #12
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
Remind me not to accept a smoothie from you if I ever visit!
For some strange reason my boys made me buy another blender and new ice-cube trays.............

Old 05-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
Miqote
I think I might try this, I have small syringes available from where I work and this way I don't have to chop off mouse tails!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
TandJ
I don't force feed, IMHO, there is no point in it to me, why bother passing on genetics of this sort? Its a nice thought though, but there is a reason why corns produce in abundance.. Believe me, its not that I don't care about the animals, I believe I can't ethically pass on something that I would not want in my collection..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
Pal-O-Mine
Would this recipe and method work on other breeds of snakes, say sand boas???

Devon

Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
Miqote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ View Post
I don't force feed, IMHO, there is no point in it to me, why bother passing on genetics of this sort? Its a nice thought though, but there is a reason why corns produce in abundance..

Regards... Tim of T and J
Things could change in 5 or 10 years, but generally I do not plan on breeding my snakes. Pineapple wouldn't be a snake to breed anyway, he is amel, which seems quite common, and has no known hets. To me, he's more then just a breeding stock or color combo.

If a pet stopped eating, I think most people would do what they could to keep their pet alive unless it was suffering. That being said, I can't be sure my snake isn't suffering due to some internal problem beyond my knowledge. But if I can force feed him a few times, maybe that's all he'll need to get back on his feet and not pass away. If he does pass away, at least I did everything I could.

This isn't meant as an attack in any way, just trying to point out that I love my snakes as pets or little family members, and I'll do anything I can to help this one survive.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google