CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

EASY RACK BUILD!!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #21
zamora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsnake View Post
I was wondering, is it possible to put ball pythons and corns in the same rack. Or would that stress the snakes out too much?

I certainly hope it doesnt stress them out too much since I have boas, balls and corns all in my rack! LOL I just keep the balls on the bottom, boas in the middle and corns on the top. I'll try and get a pic this weekend for ya.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
CDCHerpetological
Very Cool!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
greenman
Hey, I was just looking at the same rack. How did you score the extra shelving pieces to make it extra deep? The units I was looking at one comes with 1 adjustable shelf.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #24
HoosierHerper
It's made from 2 units. you combine the units front to back to make it 2x as deep.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #25
greenman
I get that forsuree! But you have 2 adjustable shelves set up, each adjustable shelf is comprise of 2 seperate shelves. Hence 4 seperate adjustable shelves. The unit I was looking that was the same as yours comes with one 1 shelf each, so that would only be 2 shelves total

Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
HoosierHerper
It's apparently not the same as mine. The bookshelves if assembled according to normal instructions have 2 movable shelves. So if you have 2 units, then you have 4 movable shelves.

If I were you I would make sure it's the same unit I used...because if so, it will have 2 movable shelves per unit that you buy.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #27
bruno232
I like this rack so much I am building it. What size flexwatt are you using?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #28
HoosierHerper
If I did it over again, I would run 11" flexwatt in two strips down the back wall. Back heat = safe. Not that I've had a problem with belly heat...but you can use less flexwatt doing it that way. I used a strip of 4" flexwatt running along the shelf (belly heat) towards the back though..

Old 11-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #29
HissyFitz
I was actually thinking about combining this idea ithe the one from another thread with a few modiifications.http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ight=converted

It will be for 2 snakes not 3 so there will be plenty of room for climbing.I am actually wanting to reuse my UTHs so I was to cut a hole in the shelves in the middle have my step dad hit the hole with a router to give it a lip to hold the glass of course and the UTH on that glass.I would use the other shelf to go beteen the two Vivs to allow for the cord and to let the excess heat build up escape(kind of like the little feet that come with the UTH) then enclose the front with the plexi. for the back I guess I would just use some plywood I have left over from replacing my kitchen floor and add vents Do you think it will work?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #30
PaulThe
I did this today, with 2 of my grandmas book shelves she didnt want, instead of using nails and some wood, i gorilla glue'd the 2 shelves together. It is very steady =D

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
beginner