CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Show off your vivarium

Old 05-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
WingedSweetheart
For my kingsnake's viv I used a water bowl and a rock hide from the pet shop. The hide on the left is a plastic flower pot that I cut in half. I had a branch the curved nicely around it. Since the flower pot was too open my snake didn't like it. So I put some fake vines I got from the dollar store around the branch and now he loves it! I put some pink flower in behind the pot just to take up the space in that corner.

All the rest of the flowers and vines are from the dollar store.

Since my king loves to submerge in his water dish I did get him a huge bowl but he doesn't like it. I took it out and gave him the smaller one back. He just has to be difficult!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
StarpphireEnigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
Next door have a cooking apple tree I think.
you should be good then- provided that the tree has not been sprayed with pesticides.

be sure that whatever you get for outside branches, you need to scrub the outside, and you can either : soak in a bleach solution, or : bake in the oven at 250-300 degrees for 30mins ( i prefer the last, but if you have branches that are too big, the first can be used in the bath tub over night)

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
Dee Dee
"be sure that whatever you get for outside branches, you need to scrub the outside, and you can either : soak in a bleach solution, or : bake in the oven at 250-300 degrees for 30mins ( i prefer the last, but if you have branches that are too big, the first can be used in the bath tub over night)"
I've got a bottle of vetaclean reptile disinfectant that I was told I could use to disinfect tree branches. What do you think?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
sarae
Here's my current setup:

Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarae View Post
Here's my current setup:

Cool what is that blue stuff in the back of that one tank? Gift wrap? It's pretty though.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
sarae
it's actually a background they sold at petsmart for a few years. it's discontinued now, but I still have some left over for future tanks ;D

Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
WingedSweetheart
Last but not least is my little Sigyn's tank. I have bought her sever different hides and she refused to sleep in them all. Even sleeping out in the middle of the tank or under the floral. So one day I decided to cut an empty tissue box in half and use that. She made a bee line for one and has loved them ever since. Only down side is I have to change them out if she poops on one.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarae View Post
it's actually a background they sold at petsmart for a few years. it's discontinued now, but I still have some left over for future tanks ;D
Aw it's really neat though. I gave myself an idea looking at it. I think I'll buy me some metallic gift wrap and use for a background

Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post

The big green plastic tree in the back was for reptiles. It's not a fish one. There are no holes in it so no worries!
I should correct myself. There is a tiny tiny hold in the bottom of the tree. But there is a rather big one on the end of a branch. I would not use that tree for a baby snake. As a baby may be able to squeeze into it.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #20
TheJadeReptile
Awesome! I will defiantly try to get new pictures up. Since I redone their homes.

WingedSweetheart, what is the pink flower behind the skull in your first post?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google