CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Show off your vivarium

Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #41
Allalaskan
Melek, did you treat the wood with any thing on that build? Im just curios. Im looking into getting a carpet or boa down the road and Need to build another cage when I do and Im thinking of rather then converting something I would just build my own.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #42
melek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Melek, did you treat the wood with any thing on that build? Im just curios.
Yes. I protected, 3 times Im painting acrylic, waterproof lacquer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Im looking into getting a carpet or boa down the road and Need to build another cage when I do and Im thinking of rather then converting something I would just build my own.
Sorry, but it's too hard to understand... Could you clarify, please. :)

Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #43
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by melek View Post
Sorry, but it's too hard to understand... Could you clarify, please.
O Im going to build another viv when I get a new snake instead of converting one. And since I plan on building it from scratch it wont be like the entertainment center I used and was already mostly sealed. Instead I will have to seal the wood and just wasnt sure what to use. So since I will be using raw wood I was wondering what you sealed yours with to protect the wood from moisture.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #44
Arpolis
Lego cage!

I have several cages but this one is a simple fun one I put together when I had a tag along snake come with an order of another. "I had no normal extra stuff for hides other than toilet paper roles in a pinch like that." Now this tank holds my 2010 Hypo Moonstone Male. The water bowl is Sculpy II oven bake clay & has been around for about 2.5 years with no leaks & it keeps its color.

Name:  lego vivarium 001.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  lego vivarium 002.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  71.2 KB

Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #45
AliCat37
My Cages

These are my cages. Right now, my two corns are in the two left tubs on the top of the show case cages. The two little shoebox tubs have hatchlings in them, one being my friends (the runt I posted of before), and one that has not eaten yet. The pink tub has the two hatchlings that are eating.
OKAY, now, the top show case cage is my boa. He's only a year old right now and about 3 1/2 feet in length. Middle cage is my ball python, a two year old normal. The bottom cage is home to whatever needs it at the time, right now my boyfriend has his breeding pair of ball pythons in it. Eventually one of my corns will be taking that cage and I will be ordering another cage for the other one. The big cage is my frilled dragon's. It still needs some paint

I think that eventually when I have my own place and the room to spoil my critters more. I will build my boa a custom cage (I like my snakes to have TONS of room) even though the boa never moves.... I might do a well decorated semi arboreal cage, that has the ability to have other cages stacked on top/below it so I can get more corns, a milk, and a hognose ;D

Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #46
abynum1
To the guys that used plexiglass for the front doors, what thickness should you go with?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #47
Allalaskan
I got my plexi from lowes, I think it was 1/8th or 1/4th but i think it was 1/8.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #48
abynum1
Is is sufficient, or do you wish you would have used thicker/thinner?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #49
Allalaskan
So far it has been plenty big enough. If I was to get a BIG snake, I would want bigger for sure but for my corns and bps Im not worried.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #50
Trudi
OK Guys, I'm kind of new at decorating the vivarium. Do the corns actually climb on the branches?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google