CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Supersize corn

Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #61
~slither~
OCfinfan, I can't beleive you consider hunting and herping the same thing. Hunting is either done for food (OK), or for 'sport' because some people like to kill things (NOT OK, IMHO).
Herping is done for the pleasure of it, whether it be to keep or release the snake after, and IMO if someone wants to have WC in their collection, then good luck herping to them. I only wish we had corns over here in the UK, I'd be out all the time trying to find wild specimens.
'you say we may be doing them a favour before we kill them'
I strongly doubt that anyone who goes herping would have any harsh feelings for corns, and would never hurt them. People who kill animals are the above mentioned hunters. Just my opinion.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #62
Shaky
Vouchers and road kill

Individual collecting, whether for research or hobby has virtually no affect on populations, which replenish themselves every few years.
Road kills alone far outnumber collected animals.
The only exception is wholsale commercial collecting.
Ethically, its an individual thing. No one can tell you what your ethics SHOULD be, since ethics are formed by years of growth and development.
Anyone who tells me that its wrong to do something is, in effect, wrong himself. There is no intrinsic right and wrong, it simply depends on point of view.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #63
moonshadow
umm, I don't know about anyone else, but I still want to see those pictures of that monster wild corn...

Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #64
Lennycorn
Me too,
If you can talk to that guy, remind him.
Thanks.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:10 AM   #65
MentallyTwisted
Talking

Hallelujah! Someone else noticed the thread went into Neverland!

I would love to see those pics too.

Woke up early and started reading. This thread holds an uncanny resemblance to the last twelve years of my life. Kinda made me think it was old home week!

I'm glad to know we all have our opinions and I know I will regret this, but there are a lot worse things going on this world right now that could use the time, energy and attention spent on most of this thread. Does anyone feel better after all of those days trying to prove what seem to be crucial points on both sides of the debate? Did I miss the making up part?

I love all life whether human, reptilian, amphibian, birds, bugs, insects and yes even the hundreds of deer who are eating the country's crops and causing automobile insurance to skyrocket in our area. But the thought of seeing a Corn that size makes my day! How on earth did left field jump up there and grab the conversation like that?

Bring on the Supersize Corn!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 PM   #66
~slither~
I'll 3rd that, lets see this supersize monster.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #67
Furian
there you go

ps : those peoples are destroying the specie

Old 09-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #68
Furian
I meant the people on the picture of course
I mean it was a joke...
I mean...
oh hell, nevermind :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary
there are a lot worse things going on this world right now that could use the time, energy and attention spent on
I bow to you madam

Old 09-26-2005, 01:33 AM   #69
dionythicus
St. Georg and the dragon!

Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #70
Tegucentric
I read all the way through this to see a huge 6.5 foot cornsnake but instead all I get is a huge headache. Where is that picture?

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google