CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

CornSnake in the wild.... :)
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #31
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreewally1 View Post
Odds are all your released snakes will die. It`s cruel. Let the wild ones live there and stop trying to change mother nature. Sell them and make a few bucks. Morphs don`t do well in the wild. Maybe one in a million will survive..
Dude... they were gonna die in captivity anyways. He only released the ones that would have otherwise been stuck in the freezer. At least he gave them a chance to live in the wild. He already said that. Maybe you should read before you post.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #32
bfreewally1
Dude. Other people wanted them and he didn`t give them a chance.Did you read that?. Dude.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #33
mynamesrick
Wow so the one in the first post really beat the odds huh?? 1 in 1000000.. now thats a lucky snake!!!11

Old 11-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
Chip
Quote:
Dude. Other people wanted them and he didn`t give them a chance.Did you read that?. Dude.
I didn't. Dude.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #35
wstphal
Quote:
Rich bred them. I'd say going to live outside in FL beats the heck out of the freezer, and if some survive, great, and if not, at least they had a chance. You want some of Rich's snakes, he sold off his remaining stock and you can buy from that organization.

Personally I think it's pretty cool there are snakes carrying Rich's hets living on his property. In a generation or 2 they will all be normal corns with interesting hets. In 20 or 30 years, people will hopefully be going field herping there!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #36
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Nope. Can't say that I did.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #37
bfreewally1
If those captive bred morhs could talk they would say, Please don`t release me! Give someone a chance to let me live..
"The chance of them surviving are like hitting the lotto.. I think the photo is a scam anyway unless it was recently released and found again.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #38
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
If those captive bred morhs could talk they would say, Please don`t release me! Give someone a chance to let me live..
"The chance of them surviving are like hitting the lotto.. I think the photo is a scam anyway unless it was recently released and found again.
Really? So you're a snake psychic now? What about the morphs that originally came from the wild, like the anerys? Seriously, to be saying this is a scam is insulting one of the most well respected members of the community.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #39
bfreewally1
Just my opinion

I was just stating my opinion. It also much colder in north fl. than s.fl. where I live..It never freezes here, and that brings the chances of survival down. At least try to keep it til the spring and let them grow up in warm weather...

Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #40
bfreewally1
survival up I meant

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread