CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Sperm beside female, did he miss?

Old 04-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Sdieser
Sperm beside female, did he miss?

It's my first season trying to breed, and I witnessed them locked up, but when I came back around 15 min later the male was in one of the hides and the female was still laying there but with a big gob of sperm next to her tail.

Wondering if he missed? Or she rejected it? Or they just produce a lot of semen and that was what overflowed?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
crackerhead
It's spillage of semen when the male disengages from the female. Some males are messier than others. You might also see blood if the parting was hasty on the females part. All this is normal. The spoog puddle is a great chance for you to check fertility of the male by putting a sample under the microscope and looking for swimmers.
Good Luck!
Terri

Old 04-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #3
albinoscooby
Perfectly normal. That means they've mated sucessfully. Put them together a few more times to be sure they did.

You should breed and feed them outside of their cages. In a seperate bin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google