• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A little non feeder....

Well everyone has gave you awesome advise! now that she shed that skin off hopefully she will eat for you!. A lot of snakes are like that they won't eat while in shed mode lol if you have a picture of her would love too see it!. :)

Well everyone has gave you awesome advise! now that she shed that skin off hopefully she will eat for you!. A lot of snakes are like that they won't eat while in shed mode lol if you have a picture of her would love too see it!. :)
They have indeed [emoji4] . I'm defrosting the pinky and hoping she's hungry. I posted a photo of her skin in page 2 of this thread:). Since she shed I haven't been able to take a photo of her!!

Daisy June 17, a butter motley corn snake

The ones of her on my hands are before the shed. The one in the viv is during :). You can see her on the right and her skin on the left
58055002ffc3af1f060038eca0236498.jpg
0a267e21e8c3176c7565f82b72c8d3f0.jpg
0461ec77bf1307b71e9cb70d4c1a3f97.jpg

Congrats. That’s a very nice looking shed! She’s a very pretty snake. Wishing you both the best.

Wow she is a beautiful looking girl! I love her colors just breath taking!. let me know if she ate for you. There are other things you can try and I can help you with that!. it's worth a try anyways lol. ;)

Wow she is a beautiful looking girl! I love her colors just breath taking!. let me know if she ate for you. There are other things you can try and I can help you with that!. it's worth a try anyways lol. ;)
Thanks! Well I have good news!!! Posting below [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji216] [emoji216] [emoji193] [emoji193] [emoji193]

Hello :). I thought I'd try her with the tongs while she was still in her hide. I lifted the hide slightly and offered the pinky and she just grabbed it from the tongs :). She took it away and had it very quickly.:). My worry now is that she might have had a small piece of aspen. I could see well. The breeder always feeds them in theirs vivs and in the 20 years he never has problems with substrate digestion so I'm hoping it's ok.

Thank you all so much for your advice. :). I hope I can help someone here too :)
306abc58c0a8d85e139e7acfac7d1d9c.jpg

Don’t worry about a small bit of aspen. She probably didn’t ingest it and if she did she’ll be okay.

Congrats!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

YAY!! she ate for you congrats it's always make us feel good when our corns eat lol. And DollysMom right don't worry about small bit of aspen I feed my corns out of there cage. But seems like she is going to be just fine!. :)

YAY!! she ate for you congrats it's always make us feel good when our corns eat lol. And DollysMom right don't worry about small bit of aspen I feed my corns out of there cage. But seems like she is going to be just fine!. :)
Thanks. Everyone's advice here has been so great!!

Hello all. How are you? We've had a good week. She's been out and about. All good really apart from the fact that I thought she had pooped but after reading up, the wet patch I found in the aspen was not poo but wee. So I'm thinking now... is she constipated because of that aspen she might have eaten? Not sure.

I can see a long brown bit inside her body above her tail and I'm think that it's her feaces (quite a lot of poop for a little 40cm snake!!).

I'll feed her a pinky tonight and see how it goes. She's 13 grams by the way at the age of 4.5 months.

I also bought an infrared thermometer gun and a hygrometer and it says humidity is 70% which is high from what I'm reading online. But I don't know how to reduce it. I've moved the water as far away from the mat as possible and made sure the vents are unobstructed. Not much else I can think of to do.

Any thoughts would be very welcome [emoji4]

Back