• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

40gal tank

I’m glad he’s in his warm hide. Hopefully he will digest without incident. If he does regurge this meal you must wait to feed again. They are not like other animals. They lose their digestive juices when they regurge and need time to recover. Feeding them too soon sends them into a cycle of regurging that ends in death. Please absolutely do not disturb him because you did feed too soon. Feeding too soon after a regurge is a death sentence. At this point I can’t say that strongly enough. I know you care about him, but by feeding too soon you are killing him. I’ve seen this before here. Those who have multiple regurges usually are creating the problems themselves.

I appreciate all your efforts with these snakes and getting the second enclosure is great. I so wish I did not have to say this negative news about the regurge. Please understand that I’m not criticizing your feeding too soon because I get any sense of joy in it at all. That said we are where we are on it, and I can’t stress following the regurge protocol to the letter strongly enough. Best wishes. I do dearly want to see you succeed in this.

Digital temp is in the hide
4064f33d6fcc285dc5467b4f78838a6e.jpg
bce5a2d51b618317c386d8141aa7ba07.jpg
2b15747be1d4fa79641183e215d155a4.jpg
1e9a133683b29b16cc9786959e061d40.jpg
5a7cf571c8800ac90a863b8d70baeb45.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

So it's been 4 days since I fed George (anery) without a regurg incident.
He's been in his hide most of the time but does come out for short amounts of time and to get drinks of water.

So it's been 4 days since I fed George (anery) without a regurg incident.

He's been in his hide most of the time but does come out for short amounts of time and to get drinks of water.

So I think and hope we are in the all clear.

*back story*
I adopted 2 corn snakes and their previous owner kept them together for the last 4 years in the same 40gal tank and George is under weight and having regurg issues.
(3 regurgs with in 2 days of feeding since I adopted him)

I got a 2nd tank (80gal) and separated the corn snakes and set up individual tanks for them now.

I'm really glad there is no regurge so far. You are not out of the woods yet. Be sure to leave him totally alone except to change water. Its very important. There will be plenty of time to handle him when he is through with the regurge protocol. It will take a couple of months to get there. It is worth the sacrifice. Best wishes.

I can't find the regurg protocol and i went throught the entire post thread where it's at and couldn't find it.
Could someone give me step by step instructions for regurg protocol please so I can make sure i am doing everything right for George (anery) to help him get better I lost the info I was given before.

George (anery) has come out of his hide and is quite active right now exploring his new viv set up and it looks like he has digested his last meal he doesn't have anymore bulge in his tummy.

Day 5 with still no regurg so far so this is good news.
I'm just wondering about how long until after a feeding until the rodent is fully digested?

At the moment the temp in the hide on the warm side is 27.6°C
On the cool side it's 23°C - 24°C
Humidity level is 43%

George is being more active now in the early evening to later hours of the night roaming his viv and going in and out of both hides in on both the warm and cool sides of the viv.

Right now he's basking under his basking lamp on top of his warm hide with his head in the hide lol.
fb45eeb15d015f27076c6e17fc4b02a1.jpg
5f288f3cbf6c5e8aa04be7a67b72ca12.jpg

Blood Red Stripe corn
Common Anery corn

Back