CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

tv for corns...

Old 04-07-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
Missymonkey
tv for corns...

(I figured the really smart people are always on this forum/posting place, cuz you guys all understand all the genetic lingo statistical math stuff so I thought you guys would give the most educated answer)

are corn snakes color blind?
(can they watch tv with me?... not that I expect them to understand or even have an interest in tv, but I could at least think they are and laugh as we watch steve-o catching snakes and dingos)

Missy

Old 04-08-2002, 10:17 AM   #2
kenalotia
Snakes do have color vision. It isn't as broad ranged as ours is, but they have rods and cones in their eyes, which means they can see colors.

So you can try watching tv with them; see how they like it.

K

Old 04-08-2002, 01:48 PM   #3
eAndrew
Mine have occasionally been fascinated by the scintillating colors and flashes of movement coming from the Evil Box.

Generally, when they realize it doesn't really smell like mouse, it just doesn't hold their attention, and they decide that crawling up my sleeve is far more interesting.

Old 04-08-2002, 04:41 PM   #4
absolutneil
always watching tv

I am colorblind and still enjoy watching the occasional event on TV.

The most common time I get to handle my snakes is when I am watching a sporting event on tv.

I think they prefer basketball to any other sport. They tend to look in that direction more but...it could just be a coincidence.

Old 04-14-2002, 06:55 PM   #5
nicky
mine always watch's tv with me

On occasions I'll let my corn watch steve with me! heehheee he's my rollmodel I'm going to be just like him when I groww up lololol nicky seems less impressed thoe I let my corn do everything with me I've tried teaching him to do my homework for me heheeehheee nah wish he could thoe lol lol. I wish my corn could come with me everywhere I'm soon trying to construct a carrying device that would allow him to come with me on bike rides!! wouldn't that be something!! Wouldn't be wonderful if they could come everywhere with us....

Old 04-15-2002, 07:19 PM   #6
Iris
It would be nice but personally I'd be so worried about losing him that the stress and worrying wouldn't be worth it. I think an occasional outing is sufficient for both him and me. He's rather private and kind of a hermit lol. Very antisocial.
And think of all the poor people on the street who will ahve heart attacks when they see a snake in your pocket. Lol I did that once to my mom and she didn't like it too much.

Old 04-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
nicky
ya

ya,
i guess little nicky won't appraciate my um reckless biking skills heeeheee. Ya I know my mom would freak if she saw someone carrying a snake around maybe I'll keep it to the front yard once in ahwile. Oh tommrow in toronto,mississauga it's supposed to be 27-79(c) is that wam enough for my corn to come outside?

Old 04-16-2002, 01:10 AM   #8
Iris
sounds pretty hot. I think it'd be ok.
It's supposed to be 88º F where I live in NY. I'm gonna die or faint from heat stroke. mY school doesn't have A/C except in the teacher's lounges, principal's offices, and computer rooms...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google