CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

odd bloodred....

Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
jayson rafter
odd bloodred....

o.k so i've hatched many bloodreds and granites over the years with the same pairing...but this year 1 of the bloods stuck out like a sore thumb...he has a very busy pattern (i've never seen from this pairing) also his head is extremly pale w/ solid white patches above both eyes as well as other areas on the head? anyone ever hatched one like this...? please feel free to post pics of your odd b.r's for comparison....
fyi...he's about 8months old...

pairing was... (m) hypo.a het.granite X (f) classic het.granite stripe

pics....#1 of the odd b.r (taken today)
#3 odd b.r & b.r & granite siblings (taken day of hatching...)
#2 head of odd b.r (taken today)

thanks & enjoy
jayson rafter

Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
fyrefocks
He is just a very special looking baby. And a gorgeous one at that.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
jayson rafter
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
He is just a very special looking baby. And a gorgeous one at that.
LOL,thanks dude !!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
cobained
That is a neat looking baby! How about a lateral pic too? Bet it's got killer diffusion!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
jayson rafter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobained View Post
That is a neat looking baby! How about a lateral pic too? Bet it's got killer diffusion!
dang it !!!,lol actually the diffusion isnt that great....snapping pic....
i didnt take a belly shot for the simple fact that it just looks like a normal blood.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
vetusvates
Thanks for the last pic. I wanted to come to work to look at the pics on my newer/better/brighter/more vivid screen.

Let me know when you get snake poor and want to sell him.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
Jessicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson rafter View Post
dang it !!!,lol actually the diffusion isnt that great....snapping pic....
i didnt take a belly shot for the simple fact that it just looks like a normal blood.
He's so nice and bright though that by the time he's a yearling at least, it won't matter anymore. I think that by the time he's a subadult he will be much more patternless.

VERY sweet hatchling! I love his head pattern. The little white spots are quite cute! They'll probably fill in over time too.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Susan
Lovely bloodred, but nothing too out of the ordinary in "oddness". He has some aberrant dorsal pattern, but so does his granite sibling that you posted and a good percentage of the corn snake population. The white on his head is also a finding on some bloodreds. Extreme cases are sometimes called zombie heads. Nanci posted a great example with her fire stripe, and I also posted an example recently with my bloodred het dilute sulfur.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
jayson rafter
thanks everyone for the input. i kinda figured he wouldnt be that odd,but as for the bloods that hatched from the that clutch he was deffinitly the "oddball" & ya never know....but any whoo...
Susan,i checked out the other bloods you mentioned....WOWEEE!! also if you dont mind...do have any hatchling pics her (yours) also at what age were the pics taken, she looks like a yearling? & the head is still so pale!! thats BTW freaking awesome!!

THANKS AGAIN GUY'S & GAL'S,
-JAY

Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Pal-O-Mine
You're right. He's absolutely HIDEOUS! But I'd be happy to take him off your hands. No one would need to know. Whooops! Except that I just said that on the INTERNET!

Devon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google