CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Is this Masque

Old 10-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
JohnnyC
Is this Masque

I produced a male anery that is not like any that I have seen. The mom is possible het blood but not proven. None of the other siblings came out with this type of head pattern or faded/light ground color. I guess that I could breed him back to mom and find out if this is truly masque, or just some of the blood het showing up. No matter what I think that I will be keeping this little guy. Thanks for the input.
Name:  102_0395.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  35.8 KB
Name:  102_0397.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  102_0400.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  45.1 KB

Old 10-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Nanci
I would say yes. I'd like to see a normal sibling and head shots of the parents.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
fyrefocks
Yeah man. I have quite a few animals that, to my knowledge, have no diffused in them, but they still show masque is some form or another.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
JohnnyC
Mom, dad, and siblings.

I will get better pics of mom, and dad, but I have decent pics of siblings.
The snows looked like this.
Name:  Snow 9-19-10.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  89.7 KB
the normals looked tike this.
Name:  102_0334.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  104.1 KB
Dads pic.
Name:  Erek.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  119.6 KB
Moms picture, not a real good shot at the head pattern. I'll post a better picture once I get my camera back.
Name:  Chrissy.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 10-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
JohnnyC
Amel hatchlings as well.

This is what the amel hatchlings looked like. I didn't get any other anerys from this mating. Again thanks for the input.
Name:  Amel3.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  59.8 KB
Name:  Amel4.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  45.7 KB

Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Rich Z
I used to see that look quite often in my Silver Queen line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
I produced a male anery that is not like any that I have seen. The mom is possible het blood but not proven. None of the other siblings came out with this type of head pattern or faded/light ground color. I guess that I could breed him back to mom and find out if this is truly masque, or just some of the blood het showing up. No matter what I think that I will be keeping this little guy. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
Tavia
What exactly is Masque? I don't think I've come across that term before.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:51 AM   #8
JohnnyC
Momos pictures

I was able to get some pictures of her today and she does have some fading on her head patter as well. I bought and read the 2010 morph guide a while ago and skimmed through that section, but I had thought that it is just the blood het coming out. I am not so sure and I would like to know if this could be a recessive trait. Anyways he has his moms looks and his dads personality, so he is really laid back and eats everything thrown at him. Again thanks for your thoughts.
Name:  102_0402.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  89.5 KB
Name:  102_0403.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  60.8 KB

Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
reptojam
definetly masque. I hope my girl produces a clutch next year with some masque babies

Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
Rich Z
I don't think you will find it a very predictable trait to work with. At least not initially. I would suggest pursuing this by breeding them into Blood Reds, and also Sunkisseds.

There are others where this trait will crop up, but I never really found it to produce results I could count on, so I didn't pursue the projects.

Perhaps planning on working on this for a couple of generations will produce better results than I was able to come up with, however.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google