• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this Masque

JohnnyC

I produced a male anery that is not like any that I have seen. The mom is possible het blood but not proven. None of the other siblings came out with this type of head pattern or faded/light ground color. I guess that I could breed him back to mom and find out if this is truly masque, or just some of the blood het showing up. No matter what I think that I will be keeping this little guy. Thanks for the input.
102_0395.JPG
102_0397.JPG
102_0400.JPG

Yeah man. I have quite a few animals that, to my knowledge, have no diffused in them, but they still show masque is some form or another.

Mom, dad, and siblings.

I will get better pics of mom, and dad, but I have decent pics of siblings.
The snows looked like this.
Snow 9-19-10.JPG
the normals looked tike this.
102_0334.JPG
Dads pic.
Erek.JPG
Moms picture, not a real good shot at the head pattern. I'll post a better picture once I get my camera back.
Chrissy.JPG

Amel hatchlings as well.

This is what the amel hatchlings looked like. I didn't get any other anerys from this mating. Again thanks for the input.
Amel3.JPG
Amel4.JPG

I used to see that look quite often in my Silver Queen line.

I produced a male anery that is not like any that I have seen. The mom is possible het blood but not proven. None of the other siblings came out with this type of head pattern or faded/light ground color. I guess that I could breed him back to mom and find out if this is truly masque, or just some of the blood het showing up. No matter what I think that I will be keeping this little guy. Thanks for the input.

Momos pictures

I was able to get some pictures of her today and she does have some fading on her head patter as well. I bought and read the 2010 morph guide a while ago and skimmed through that section, but I had thought that it is just the blood het coming out. I am not so sure and I would like to know if this could be a recessive trait. Anyways he has his moms looks and his dads personality, so he is really laid back and eats everything thrown at him. Again thanks for your thoughts.
102_0402.JPG
102_0403.JPG

I don't think you will find it a very predictable trait to work with. At least not initially. I would suggest pursuing this by breeding them into Blood Reds, and also Sunkisseds.

There are others where this trait will crop up, but I never really found it to produce results I could count on, so I didn't pursue the projects.

Perhaps planning on working on this for a couple of generations will produce better results than I was able to come up with, however.

The little anery is a strange one but cute. I noticed that all the siblings seemed to have a little bit of strange head pattern going on too but not like the anery's. Must be exciting getting something like that though.

Thanks for info

Thanks for the insight everyone. I think that since I have him, and he seems to be a good example of masque, that I will work with it and see if it can be line bred, or a recessive trait. I didn't expect to get anything like this from that pairing, and I think that is what makes this hobby so great.

Back