CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Name that Morph

Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
GillianC
Oooh a yellow rat snake! I have one of those. A feisty male. And by feisty I mean he hates, bites, and musks everyone. They do have awesome eyes though - nice, bright and orangey in comparison to the body. I wish mine were nicer. I rescued him from a lab, where he was supposed to end up as food for a kingsnake. Perhaps he was traumatized! He does have a rather impressive scar on his right side...

Sorry, rambling. As far as breeding goes, you could breed it with a corn, but I don't think hybrids are quite as popular because the color variations are more limited. But if yours is a girl and you want more yellow rats, I'll give you mine!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianC View Post
Oooh a yellow rat snake! I have one of those. A feisty male. And by feisty I mean he hates, bites, and musks everyone. They do have awesome eyes though - nice, bright and orangey in comparison to the body. I wish mine were nicer. I rescued him from a lab, where he was supposed to end up as food for a kingsnake. Perhaps he was traumatized! He does have a rather impressive scar on his right side...

Sorry, rambling. As far as breeding goes, you could breed it with a corn, but I don't think hybrids are quite as popular because the color variations are more limited. But if yours is a girl and you want more yellow rats, I'll give you mine!!!
Yeah many yellows tend to stay a bit nervous. You have to move very slowly and deliberately while holding them. Then I have had had some that tame down very nicely too. The Everglades tend to have better dispositions. As for breeding them with a Corn, it's not impossible, but I don't think it's as easy as putting them together and presto. I actually tried many years ago and they didn't care for each other at all. Now I'm glad they didn't, cause it would have been an ugly combination probably.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google