CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #31
Cflaguy
Try this

I haven't read all the post so forgive me if this a repeat but; try braining a pinky.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #32
diamondlil
I totally forgive you, but yes I certainly have tried braining! The puree of mouse is what is keeping Lil going, am pining all my hopes on the breeder mice producing a live pink, and Lil taking it. have also tried tuna water, and scenting a f/t pink in mouse pee and am at my wits' end, will stop syringing mouse into Lil when the breeder mouse shows signs of pregnancy, so she may be hungry enough to eat a pink, in the meantime am syringing 5mls of mouse into her every 4 days, is stressing me out that my beautiful snake won't eat voluntarily, thank the Lord the other 4 have no feeding issues at all and are fat and healthy

Old 02-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #33
Cflaguy
Give ya credit

Most would've given up long ago. If you must continue to force feed you may want to try something different besides pinkies. George Van Horn at Reptile World Serpentarium force feeds some of his smaller venomous animals instead of normal food animals. He used to blender rodents and chickens. But now he uses good ole baby food. Not sure of the formula. But I can check with him.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #34
diamondlil
thanks, not giving up, used to breed gerbils, guinea pigs and zebra finches, so have handraised rejected babies before, as well as various nestling birds, (and am a senior staff nurse )so seeing as Lil is now growing on this regime am going to keep going.Was blending adult mice because of better nutrition and have now added dayold chick to the mix since reading a thread which led me to the rodentpro comparison of feeders. The mice have been getting busy so am eagerly awaiting the pinks to try

Old 02-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #35
Cflaguy
Consult a vet

on the dosage of B12. Giver her some extra and it should stimulate her appetite. Try braining again.
GOOD LUCK.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #36
daddylurve
If you're going to feed live food, keep it quiet. I see you're in the UK like me - I've been talking to people, and apparently feeding live food to snakes is now illegal in this country.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #37
diamondlil
(quote)Legislation affects the use of feeder animals in the UK (the Protection of
Animals Act) and perhaps other countries as well. The UK law is not
particularly restrictive---it requires that live feeder vertebrates be used
only as a last resort and that the feeding process be monitored. Local US
jurisdictions may also have relevant regulations. Apprise yourself of the
local legislative situation as it applies to your feeding practices.

found this on a uk website, as I have detailed feed and growth records for all my snakes would be easy to prove is a desperate measure to get my snake to survive, rather than something I'm doing by choice. Also have all this thread, and on another forum, with the dates of posting all coinciding.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #38
SnakeAround
Good luck with your snow lady! Those UK law makers are really missing something I think; killing feedermice is not really nice for them too you know! Or is it also prohibited to kill them by freezing? That would be more reasonable... cause that's not necessary.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #39
diamondlil
Have also got photo record of Lil, which shows how much weight she lost, my e-mails to and from the shop I got her from, so all in all am sure I could not be portrated as some blood-thirsty twerp! Have had threats, on another forum, from a ex who says he will report me, so is just a little bit worrying

Old 03-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #40
diamondlil
weight gain pics!

Lil all skin and bones

Lil has started growing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google