• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"bump" on the side

daufoi

Hi all,

I have had a corn for about 2 years and it has reached about 4ft now. Recently, I noticed a "bump" on the side near the tail and I am hoping someone can tell me what it is. I have attached a picture below.

Is it constipation? My snake doesn't seem to have bowel movements as often as before. I thought this might be because it is doing so under all the aspen bedding so I couldn't see it. Also, my snake is looking a little rounded. In the past, the sides would come straight down. Maybe another sign of constipation, or maybe obesity? I thought this might be due to growth but I have also been feeding my snake a lot (2-3 large - 30-40g - mice per week).

Otherwise, could it be a tumor or abcess?

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• DSCN0011.JPG
    DSCN0011.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 62
Im super new to the website..but i've seen in other forums..people mentioning fat deposits? which could be a possibility...

Could be 'hips', fatty deposits, especially on that feeding regime. I'd cut back and see if they improve

One of my corns has them as well. She seems healthy and active otherwise. She's an adult and about 3 feet long.

Any senior members want to weigh in on this??

Defiantly looks like fat you need to reduce feeding ideally you should be feeding a snake that size a single adult mouse every 7-14 days I would recommend feeding every 10-12 days and getting them out for regular exercise such as climbing back and forth on your hands. It may never go away but this will ensure it stays healthy.

Back