CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pre-lay shed a while ago, still no eggs?

Old 07-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #1
zoe1103
Pre-lay shed a while ago, still no eggs?

Hi, my female shed on June 28th (19 days) ago. Shouldn't she have laid by now? Is it uncommon for them to lay that much later? I haven't been bothering her other than checking her lay box daily or every other day and watering when needed. She laid her 1st clutch May 15th and shes notorious for double clutching. The 1st clutch hatched roughly a week ago. Thoughts?

Old 07-18-2020, 12:19 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Can you feel eggs in her?

Old 07-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
zoe1103
I don't know. Her lower 3rd feels firm. However I don't want to handle her too much in the case she could get stressed... what should it feel like if she is gravid? I'm new to breeding.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:32 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
In gravid females, when they slither through your hands, if you apply gentle pressure to the spine and belly (like a gentle pinch with your thumb and index finger), you should feel lumps like a string of pearls. When I've done this before, I let her slither through a thin pillow case so she slides really easily and the eggs are very easily felt.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
zoe1103
She's been in her lay box the past 2 hours, lots of moss has been pushed to the front. I didn't really notice she was big until the past couple of days. I have a feeling we may be approaching laying. Is there any signs of active labor in corns?

Old 07-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
If you haven't read through this thread yet, give it a read. It's pretty informative. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121892

It sounds like she will be laying very soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
breeding, double clutch, gravid, pre-egg laying