• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Going on a vacation, need advice about what to do with my snake.

KainRacure

I am leaving for about 4-5 days to go to a ren faire with my girlfriend. Usually she stays behind and watches my snake but she wants to go this time.

I was wondering what I should do to make sure my snake stays healthy and doesn't overheat in this crazy weather.

Note that the house gets VERY warm during the day and we have been putting ice packs in her water and around the sides of her viv to help her stay cool.

I do not have someone who can come and check on her and change her ice packs out.

I could take her with, I have gypsy friends who take their snakes as they dance with them but they generally get a hotel and we will be camping on site at the faire so yet again I come into an issue of possible over heating. Granted I can get to the issue faster if she is on site with me then if she is at home 7 hours away but it is harder to control the heat outside in a medieval tent.

Any ideas of how to keep her cool at home?

Do you have a friend with AC you could drop her off with? Tell them they don't have to do anything- just let her sit there?

You can do a search for pet sitters in your area. I don't think in allowed to post a link but try googling pet sitter associations and you should get a list. On the list will be a list of insurered to pet sit and those that handle reptiles.

Ho warm is VERY warm?

It's not ideal, but if the house only gets up to 85 or 86, I bet your snakes would be fine. Just give them plenty of water before you leave.

Well we have decided my GF is just going to stay behind.
We could not find a place to board her and a pet sitter was too expensive for the amount of time we needed.
Besides this way I can cut what was gonna be 2 trips to one and save $200 in gas (and spend it on my loving GF who will be effectively widowed for 2 weeks now.)

Back