• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aargh!

Sisuitl

I dig'em!
:angry01: :angry01: :angry01:
Well, I got home today and found half of my mouse colony being devoured by the other half. :puke01:

Two months ago I got three female and one male mouse to start up a colony. They were all weanlings. They have had plenty of food and water, clean cage, no stressful surroundings..... I can't believe this happened! They were really lucky the corns all ate last night. Next feeding time they are going to be dead! This is exactly why I feel no remorse whatsoever feeding mice to snakes. In my opinion any animal that would slaughter it's own children and housemates to eat when there's plenty to go around doesn't merit much respect. I suppose it's nature, but I certainly don't like it! :uzi:

Me too! At least the baby-eating is being used by me to stave off my offsprings' cries of 'you can't kill the cute mice, mum'

wow...

Wow...think I'll go give my WHITE mice all a big hug...LOL! They are really good producers for me. But with mice it seems you've got to raise several generations to get stuff that works for you. New stuff never does as good as the already started strain. Guess if it isn't born and raised in your situation, they never settle down right. I have a couple new mice, satins, and they are as nervous as all get out, and I just know I'm going to have troubles with them! Versus my white websters, they are laid back and produce babies like Holsteins produce milk! LOL! Sorry to hear about the bad luck! But even I have a cannibalized litter every now and then.

Back