CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Vitamin supplement for rescue snakes

Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
LiseR
Vitamin supplement for rescue snakes

Hi all, long-time lurker but rare poster.
I picked up 2 6 y-old rescue corns that have been kept together since hatchlings and never fed anything but pinkie mice. Of course they are male and female, and of course the female has been producing eggs every year even though both are stunted in growth and especially the female is severely underweight. (Grr...) She's only the size of a small yearling.
They are kept separate with me and are on suitable prey items now.

They have of course seen a reptile vet, who was surprised at their relatively good health for such a poor upbringing. Vet recommended a vitamin supplement (Korvimin) especially for the female, to aid her recovery.

Here comes the question:
I've kept and worked with reptiles for years so am familiar with dusting food for other reptiles, but I've never had a snake so poorly it needed vitamins on a regular basis. How does one go about giving a snake vitamins? Do I dust the mice, or do I gut load them?

Both snakes are active, inquisitive, eat, poop and shed like champs.

TY in advance!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google