CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Got a Kingsnake today!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 PM   #21
CornCrazy
I will definitely agree about the "love for food" statement! My kings are voracious feeders.

Chip, that is a great picture and a beautiful gray band!

As for leucistics...we have a pair of them and the male is a demon. The female is a bit flighty, but doesn't try to bite.

Our milks are also flighty, but have never ever tried to bite.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #22
Chip
Thanks Terri!

That animal came from Lee Abbott is Sarasota. I have been thrilled with all of his animals and look forward to trading with him (corns for trans pecos) after hatching this year's "crop."

Old 04-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #23
Chip
Also

I would love to post some of my milks, but the file size is SLIGHTLY too big after shrinking. I can't recommend black milks enough to anyone interested in a large, calm snake. If they stayed tri-colored, there is no doubt they would be the most popular of all non-morph milks.
As for kings, stay away from desert and speckled as a general rule if you are shy about bites. Few milks are biters as a species that I've been around.
Likewise, my locality corns can be little pistols upon hatching. Sorry for posting this photo for at least a third time, but people seem to get a kick out of it. For the record, this guy seldom even rattles now, and was the most bellicose hatchling I've ever run across (that wasn't a racer or something like that!).

Old 04-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #24
Skye
what a great shot, also the one with all the pinkies! - thanks Chip!
Nice to have the descriptions of differing personalities too,

Skye

Old 04-10-2004, 03:28 AM   #25
MariaOrrom
Unhappy Corns freeked out by kings??

Hey does anyone else know if a corn is freeked out by a king being in the same room. When they said that I got really worried, cos I would hate my corn to get stressed by my new King. Hes so content now and lays up on the branch watching us all as we are walking about etc... Hes got really calm and relaxed with us. I would hate the King to upset him. I have a double stand with one viv at the bottom and the other on the top. We have a small house! At the mo' my corn is shedding so hes buried himself and I won't see him for a week or so, so its hard to know if hes being stressed or not. How will i know? OOOO I hope he doesn't!

Maria

Old 04-10-2004, 03:51 AM   #26
MegF.
I was the one who posted about the king upsetting the corns. I would guess if your corn's behavior changed, then you would assume he's stressed.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #27
Chip
I've seldom noticed that

being a keeper of lots of both types. But it has happened on occasion that after handling a king or milk, other snakes are very jumpy. Make it a habit to use Isagel or similar hand sanitizers between each handling and you'll probably notice no change in behavior.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #28
MariaOrrom
Thanks for that

Thanks for that, I wasn't going to even handle them on the same day anyway, in case my new one had any bugs or germs!!
I so wanna keep my new king but if it was gonna stress my corn then I would have gone and swopped for another corn.
TA
Maria

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google