CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Worms in water

Old 05-16-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
GreenGirl420
Worms in water

Has anyone ever found these in the water before? What are they? Could the pet store mice have been carrying these in their system?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Old 05-16-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
My guess would be it's in the moss or Aspen you're using. It's not unheard of to find spiders, flies, beetles, and various critters in packaged bedding. If you're feeding frozen/thawed mice, you'll not see that, and even feeding live mice I've never seen anything like that on them before. I've seen ticks and mites on mice but not that. And for the record, that is not a worm. It has legs. It is a larvae of some sort, probably some kind of fly or beetle.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
GreenGirl420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
My guess would be it's in the moss or Aspen you're using. It's not unheard of to find spiders, flies, beetles, and various critters in packaged bedding. If you're feeding frozen/thawed mice, you'll not see that, and even feeding live mice I've never seen anything like that on them before. I've seen ticks and mites on mice but not that. And for the record, that is not a worm. It has legs. It is a larvae of some sort, probably some kind of fly or beetle.
Hmm interesting. ... I'm not using moss or aspen... I'm using a prepackaged medium size bark as substrate. .. hopefully it was just something that got caught in there ... I always clean the tank to the point where it's just me and the glass and some water left.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
Nanci
Was there just the one? That looks like some kind of beetle larva. Definitely something that could have come out of a mouse or a snake.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #5
jet_set_willy
Looks like a morio worm

Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
GreenGirl420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Was there just the one? That looks like some kind of beetle larva. Definitely something that could have come out of a mouse or a snake.
There was about 4 or 5

Old 03-30-2019, 12:36 AM   #7
LindaShell
Yes, it is morio worm.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:56 AM   #8
LindaShell
Well, there are several reasons that you can find morio worms. More worms can be used for reptiles, birds, fish and insect-eating mammals and fish-bait. But, if you do not know from where these morio worms has occurred and how to get rid of these worm then you can consult your local pest exterminator regarding this issue.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #9
MaryGriffith
I agree with you. It is always better to consult experts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google