CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Regurgitating

Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 PM   #1
Kirbycrawford
Regurgitating

I have several yearling corn snakes and over the past few weeks one or two of them regurgitate I then skip feeding them for a week and they eat fine but then one or two different ones will regurg I recently put them in a rack with back heat and my temps are mid 80s in the back and low 80s in the front any ideas why this is happening

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 05-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
Twolunger
It is very unusual for multiple corns to begin regurgitating like that. Have you changed rodent size or rodent supplier? The change to a rack system may have caused a bit of stress temporarily. I'll state the obvious, back heat is not as conducive to digestion as belly heat, however ambient temps in the low 80's has proven to be all that is required for a corn to digest it's prey. I met a guy who keeps his corns in containers with no heat at all, but his room temps are usually 80 degrees here in Florida. Have you used their previous hides in the rack containers? The fact that those that did regurge ate again later is a good sign. If they were my corns I'd feed smaller mice temporarily and dust them with Nutribac df.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Kirbycrawford
Yes I used their old hides and I got this rack for free I'm working on making my own with belly heat. I have not yet changed mice suppliers but will be doing that shortly when my asf colony starts growing.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
Twolunger
Let's hope it was just a temporary glitch. I still use the Nutibac, especially if there is a digestive problem. My ASF colonies reproduce quickly. I may have to increase my corn collection to use all the ASF's. LOL.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #5
Kirbycrawford
Could it be a higher humidity level I'm having problems with quite a bit of moisture in the tubs
And is there a problem with getting more corns

Old 05-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #6
Dennis Gulla
I had corns for years in rack systems with only back. From hatching racks to adult racks. Never had a problem. While I agree belly heat is best, I don’t believe it’s the lack of belly heat that is causing these snakes to regurgitate. If they’re normal in every other respect, I personally wouldn’t feed them for two weeks and when I do, it would something 50% smaller than what their capable of eating.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Dennis Gulla
Meant to say back heat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google