CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake Not Eating

Old 06-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #1
kodasnake
Snake Not Eating

Koda is approx 5 years old. Always been a great eater, except when prepping to shed. Then behavior changed. Struck but didn’t eat, started wanting out to roam (lazy guy usually), hanging out on rocks. So thought it could be mites, though I observed nothing. Changed out bedding and shed box moss. Behavior reverted to pre-shed. Left him be and then he shed, but did not exhibit usual hunger behavior after shedding and went back to shed box. So six weeks no food, looking thin. I can see his heart beat. I tried to get him to eat. He was clearly adverse. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2019, 03:06 AM   #2
Twolunger
Males often stop eating when they are searching for a mate, but they don't usually get thin . Was he ever checked for internal parasites? i would find a good vet as soon as possible.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
kodasnake
Thx for feedback. This forum was the first I’d heard about males and mates, but good to know that they don’t get thin. I do have an exotics vet, so I’ll take him in.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #4
Twolunger
Let us know what the vet says. Hope it's just a minor problem.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #5
kodasnake
OMG, my male snake laid a clutch of eggs today!!! Clearly I was misinformed. She has had no contact with any other snakes, so must be infertile. I haven’t a clue what to do here. At least her change in behavior is explained. Haven’t read a lick on female snakes and breeding. Yikes. I’ll take all advice. I can’t abide by the idea of taking her eggs away. I wonder if she’ll abandon them?

Old 06-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #6
MysticExotics
It's fine to take the eggs away, you can toss them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google