CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake not eating

Old 06-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #1
BoJon
Snake not eating

I have a 16-17 yr old corn snake, this is not first time he has gone a couple of months not eating but this time he is extremely active in day time. He normally eats live or frozen white adult mice, he won’t eat coloured mice. His eyes are clear no mites does not appear to need to shed. In last month along with frozen I have tried 3 live which he kills but doesn’t eat.
I’m thinking breeding issue? What do you think.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
Dennis Gulla
Yes, if he’s very active it’s most likely that he’s looking for a mate.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
BoJon
Snake won’t eat

Thank you. Any idea how long this goes on for? I’ve wasted a lot of mice so far.it’s been two months so far.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Dennis Gulla
Most breeding activity should stop soon. I would offer pre killed. If he doesn’t eat in a reasonable amount of time, freeze it. Don’t go back to offering frozen thawed until he’s eating consistently again.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
BoJon
Again thank you he isn’t really my interest he’s inherited from my son. Everything is a guessing game to me.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
Dennis Gulla
I can’t count how many animals I’ve inherited from my kids!��

Old 06-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Dennis Gulla
Hmm, that was supposed be a smiley face emoji!

Old 06-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
BoJon
I had done an attachment not sure why it didn’t show. I’m going to try again just to see
Ah it’s a size issue

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google