CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Adult corn snake not eating.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #1
Squidub
Exclamation Adult corn snake not eating.

First off, hello! I just want to say how amazing this community seems, so I'm happy to join in!

I just got my first snake about a week and a little bit ago. I got them from someone that could no longer take care of him because they were going into college.
I've been researching corn snakes like crazy before I took him off their hands, so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

Unfortunately, the old owner said they eat perfectly. However, I tried to feed him frozen thawed mice the owner gave me a week after I got him, and he hasn't seemed interested in them at all. I'm a little concerned only because he isn't in the best of shape, and is a little on the thin side, with his spine sticking out a bit.

His hot side is at 87⁰F and his cool side is at 70⁰F (I'm in a basement, so it's not the warmest down here.

I'm using the same 40 gallon breeder terrarium the owner gave me, however I did change the substrate type from some type of wood that wasn't very plentiful, to 2" of aspen, which he loves to burrow under.
He has a large water dish, a hide on the hot and cool side, along with some fake plants here and there.

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth waiting a few weeks to see if it's just him settling in before taking him to a vet? I don't think it's because his enclosure isn't properly set up... But not sure. Just looking for some advice!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
eat, eating, food