CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Is my snake OK?

Old 07-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #11
CornflakeGirl
We've been for x-rays, and the vet has found nothing - no bone diseases, no tumours, no blockages or kidney problems. I saw the images myself and her spine is really in excellent shape. So, on the basis that there's nothing really visible to treat, we've decided not to do anything further for niw. The shedding problem is still a mystery and I'll have to hope it goes easier for her next time. I'm relieved that she's ok and will just have to keep an eye on her from now on.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
Twolunger
I'm always happy when the news is good. Wish I knew what was causing the initial problem, but if the vet isn't concerned that's all that matters. Good luck with her in the future.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #13
CornflakeGirl
Thank you! It is a puzzle, and in a way I would have liked to have found an answer, but my girl is happy and the vet isn't in favour of further action, so I shall persuade myself to be happy too. I've ordered some Repti Shedding Aid, as I've heard good things about it, and I will rub it onto her problem area if the same thing happens next time she sheds. I've never had a snake that didn't shed well, not even my fussy old royal python!

Old 07-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #14
Twolunger
I had a hognose female that always shed in pieces instead of one long shed. I wanted to sell her as an adult but wanted her to shed properly first. Then she finally shed in one long piece, but the next shed was pieces again. I finally gave her away but warned the new owner to make sure the eye caps and tail have shed properly.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:28 AM   #15
CornflakeGirl
Just a bizarre update! Less than two weeks after the failed shed, my corn went into shed mode again. This time, she went completely blue all over, and last night she did a complete shed, all in one piece. I could see the retained bits from last time on the shed - it must have been so uncomfortable for her. She now looks absolutely fine! The flabby section of her body seems to have a little more muscle tone now.

I can only imagine it was some kind of nerve damage that has slowly righted itself. My snake has basically sorted herself out with no intervention from me or the vet, although I am glad we got the x-ray done for my own peace of mind. Snakes are such odd animals!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google