CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Going on 7 weeks and corn snake hasn't eaten for me...

Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
Mitch27434
Going on 7 weeks and corn snake hasn't eaten for me...

I have a baby corn snake, I'll have had him 7 weeks tomorrow and he hasn't eaten for me yet.

Ive tried tong feeding, braining, leaving it in deli cup and leaving it overnight in the fuanarium with no luck. How long can a baby go without food?

According to the shop I got him from he was about 7 weeks old when I bought him and had 5 feeds.

At what stage should I be getting worried? He seems fine, is active and alert.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Shiari
What is your set up like? Can you provide us photos of your setup and the snake? What are you using to heat the cage? How are you controlling the temperature? What style of thermometer are you using to measure the temperature? How many hides are there? What sort of substrate are you using? How often are you handling the snake?

Old 07-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
Mitch27434
Here is the snake:

Im keeping him in a large exo terra faunarium, im heating it with a heat mat, hot side is about 30 - 32 degrees under the substrate, cool side is room temp.

Im controlloing it via a habistat pulse proportional thermostat, I have an exo terra digital thermometer under the hot hide but also monitor temps using my IR thermometer gun.

I have 3 hides, one hot side, one cool and one kind of in between, I also have a little tree in there that he likes to use.

Im using aspen bedding.

In the 7 weeks ive had him ive not handled him much, in fact i didn't handle at all for the first few weeks, I only recently started handling to get photos and try feeding in the deli cup so really ive only handled a two, three times in the 7 weeks.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
Shiari
I'd honestly try to find a live pink for him if you can a that's most likely to get him started. You can also try a "boiled" link, wherein you dip the f/t pinky in boiling water for a couple seconds so it turns white and rubbery and then immediately put it in a deli container with the snake and leave it there overnight. You can also try scenting with tuna juice, with shed skin from a lizard, with the skin from some fried chicken... You can try offering half a pink instead of a whole one. They like that sometimes. You can even try offering a piece of beef or chicken liver or heart instead. 7 weeks is a long time for a baby so hopefully we can get him jump started.
And maybe add more clutter to the cage. They particularly love toilet paper tubes and fake plants.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google