CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #21
PtDnsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Please don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
You tell him...You run a great site Rich...maybe someday I'll be big enough to be a contributing member...

(don't laugh...one can dream... )

~Katie

Old 04-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #22
JM :o)
I had something to say~ but I erased it somewhere after the fourth time I used an inappropraite word to describe my sentiments toward the poster with an attitude.

Let me just say~ BACK OFF JERK WEED! Before you ruin a good thing for the rest of us~ be pleased you can post your web addy on this site ANYWHERE!
and on your way out~
Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!

Old 04-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #23
Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM :o)
Let me just say~ BACK OFF JERK WEED! !
*giggles* I love it when you dominate, Cheryl.

Old 04-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #24
Drizzt80
Rich, when you posted this request, I immediately thought of my thread about testing my website's functions with pics. I tried to delete it, but can't, so I'm letting you know it's there . . .
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19429

Like someone already said, 'your house, your rules'.

Thanks for the service you are providing to all of us.
D80

Old 04-12-2005, 01:18 AM   #25
Rich Z
Don't worry about it. It's old history now. I'm not going back through old pages of threads looking for such things.

I just saw things escalating with people posting threads about going to their websites and figured it was going to just get worse if I didn't put my foot down NOW.

I have FaunaTopSites and all sorts of other ways people can advertise their websites, both for free and for a charge, so I figure I'm providing quite enough opportunities for people to tell about their sites. But I just don't want this forum, nor any other one on this site to simply become a place where people use it solely to promote their own websites and nothing more. Sorry, but saw two posts in a row saying nothing more then "Hey, looky looky at my site!", and I just thought it was beginning to get out of hand.

As someone else mentioned, there are people here who are paying to help support this site, and I believe they have paid for the right to promote their own sites as long as it is done tastefully and in moderation. Call it a "perk" if you like, but I think that people that are helping me out financially with this and my other sites deserve a bit more consideration on my part. No, they won't get away with murder, but the speed limit may be a bit higher for them then other people....

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:08 AM   #26
StubbyUK
Got to admit I was a little hurt by this, especially when I went to look for my post to delete it and found it was already gone.

I guess if asking people to give their opinion on my tiny website about British native reptiles was competition to this forum then fair enough. Your playground your rules. I won't mention it again.

StubbyUK

Old 04-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #27
Jason B.
Free speech, sencership? I guess that meens Target can go onto walmarts property and put up a banner saying "come across the street and shop with us insted" LMAO

Old 04-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #28
DAND
Rich,

Did mosdef have a post removed? If not then I can't see what got his panties all bunched up. Even is mosdef had a post removed the reaction was excessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Please don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.
Yeah, we wouldn't want mosdef's shoulders to go in too.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #29
Mangrove
Thumbs down Thats terriable'

What that kid said is unacceptable and incredibly horrible. It's your site and your rules as someone stated, and this site is to learn but when you ask nicely for none to post things for sites and someone explodes like that, its just way out of hand.

But also Rich I must applaud you for keeping things under control and coming up with a clever pun. I also like how you let people keep sites in their signature areas, because I have checked many of them throughout out my member ship.

I am sorry you have to put up with stuff like that and I have to give you credit because I have no idea how you do it. "Hats off"

Old 04-13-2005, 01:43 AM   #30
herp_lover2004
to many rude people

I'm sorry but I dont aggree with rich, he didnt have to be rude to him even if he did speek his mind. if you think he was being rude you only added to it by saying that remarke. there are already to to TO many people on here that are sometimes rude to others... some of them were rude to me even.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread