• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The BIGGEST snake I've ever found

HeavenHell

Okeetee Freak
I decided mother nature wouldn't be dishing out many more sunny 70+ degree days in Wisconsin this year, so I took the afternoon off to go herping and boy am I glad I did. I found the BIGGEST bullsnake I've ever seen today. It was at least five feet long. I was sooooooooooooo excited, I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Of course I snapped some photos. :)

Here's a shot of it crawling on the ground.

2213_framed by heavensherps, on Flickr

A nice tongue shot!

2296_framed by heavensherps, on Flickr

Yes, it got tired of me taking photos and shimmied up a tree.

2347_framed by heavensherps, on Flickr

"Are you still taking photos silly human?"

2368_framed by heavensherps, on Flickr

Here he is peeking down to see if I've left yet

2394_framed by heavensherps, on Flickr

It was an AWESOME day!

WOW! That's an amazing day for a herping Wisconsinite! My husband found a bigger garter in the woods today and I realized this would probably be the last encounter until next year. Sad!

I always enjoy your photo sets, they never disappoint! Thanks for sharing.

You take the best pictures. Better than you-know-who, even!! People should hire you to follow them around when they herp, to document the finds!

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad people enjoy seeing the photos I post.

People should hire you to follow them around when they herp, to document the finds!
I would do it for free just for the chance to photograph more animals. I'm addicted I think.

Back