CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Sunkissed Lavender Cornsnake?

Old 11-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Post Sunkissed Lavender Cornsnake?

Hey there! I was wondering if any of you know any breeders that sell sunkissed lavender corns and I was also wondering if there are different morphs of highly pigmented purple corn snakes out there.

Thanks so much! I'm relatively knew to the whole concept of genes and traits in cornsnakes.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
Twolunger
I know Steve Roylance produces several nice lavender morphs every year. srcorns.com
but he sells out quickly every year. Contact him in the spring and he may be able to tell you if they will be available. You may also want to check out Walter Smith Captive Creations to see if there's something you like.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Thanks so much! I actually contacted Steve after posting this forum actually so it's funny that you would mention him. I've heard a lot about his lavenders already, and I haven't looked for that long.

Either way, I'll keep a look out. Thanks again!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
Twolunger
I bought 4 females and a male lavender from Steve in 2016, plus a beautiful normal het sunkissed lavender amelanistic adult male. As I've told Steve, the lavenders are very aggressive eaters, usually grabbing the mouse off the tongs I use, and coiling them. I probably didn't need as many as I bought, but they are one of my favorites. If you use the "search" function you can find pictures of his hatchlings from prior years. Simply outstanding!

Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Jiboia-Arco-Íris
Thank you so much! I’ll do just that. They all sound like they are beautiful!

Old 11-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
Dragonling
The best lavenders I've seen come from Europe. Dunno what it is. There must be something in the water.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
The best lavenders I've seen come from Europe. Dunno what it is. There must be something in the water.
Can you tell us what made them appear the best? If it wasn't such a long process I'd like to produce nice purple blotches on a clean light gray or white background. Some of mine have nice pink backgrounds, so I'll try to enhance that too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google