• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ok, Dean, Here's the Hatchlings! (D.U. - Beware!)

Mrs InsaneOne

I See Snakes...
First up are all of the group shots and a few individual shots while still in the incubator... There's TONS of pictures, so if you are using Dial Up - you'd be safer to leave now so as not to completely kill your computer and connection.

pearls_hatchlings7-20-07(2).jpg

pearls_hatchlings7-20-07(3).jpg

pearls_hatchlings7-20-07(4).jpg

pearls_hatchlings7-20-07(5).jpg

pearls_hatchlings7-20-07(6).jpg

More in the next post...

Jenn

pearls_hatchlings7-21-07.jpg

A tease of aztec-ing (only a partial view the entire pattern):
pearls_hatchlings7-22-07(2).jpg

Feisty boy number 2:
pearls_hatchlings7-22-07(3).jpg

I posted this one another thread, but I know how Dean likes to see belly shots!
pearls_hatchlings7-22-07(4).jpg

Group shot of the ones that came out this morning:
pearls_hatchlings7-22-07.jpg

And last one for now:
pearls_hatchlings9-20-07(9).jpg

I have more to post - of individual hatchlings with some full body shots - but I will post them later. Including the short series of the one of the more aggressive hatchlings biting my finger...

Jenn

Thanks Elle! I was quite pleased to see some of them come out! We even had a set of twins come out of one of the eggs, but don't know which two they are.

Jenn

That's more like it. :) Nice bunch o' youngins. There's some cool connection stuff going on in the side portion of the head patterns on some of those guys. I like it. :cheers:

nice pics Jenn!
Any more pics of the ziggy zag one?

Any that look like the dad? thats what I want!

TIM

Nanci said:
Adorable babes- I love the ventral shot!!

Nanci
Thanks Nanci! I actually sat watching those four snakes for 10 minutes from underneath the deli cup they were in - it was neat looking at their bellies. Such a wide variety in pattern and color too.

Roy Munson said:
That's more like it. :) Nice bunch o' youngins. There's some cool connection stuff going on in the side portion of the head patterns on some of those guys. I like it. :cheers:
Glad you approve Dean! :D And I am more then pleased with the patterns that have popped out of this clutch, much more then I ever expected to find considering how flaky the Aztec/zigzag gene is - Although Murphy is still having the last laugh - the clutch seems to be male heavy and I wanted a few females to keep back to pair up with papa in hopes of getting something closer to his pattern.

Beggars can't be choosers though and I'm just happy that the clutch has hatched and is so far healthy. No kinks (knock on wood) and only 3 hatchlings that are undersized. (2 & 3 grams each).

Pasodama said:
Great group of babies. They are so cute! Also love the pattern on some of them.:)
Thank you! As I mentioned in my reply to Dean, I got much more pattern variances then I had hoped for - now if only they will all eat when the time comes...

rockmonky said:
nice pics Jenn!
Any more pics of the ziggy zag one?

Any that look like the dad? thats what I want!

TIM
Unfortunately none of them quite match Granite in appearance, though there is a pair of them that come close. I'll post pics of the first 11 tonight and then I'll post the rest of them tomorrow after I take pictures and move them into deli cups. I was busy working on some coding for Heather's site while taking a few breaks to read my new book. These first 11 don't have the patterning that papa had, but they have some nice aberrant saddles.

I'll post them in the next post!

Jenn

#10, another feisty one that seemed extra hungry or extra defensive for some reason:
clutch2007-1_10_7-22-07(2).jpg

clutch2007-1_10_7-22-07.jpg

What's that? It doesn't look hungry or angry in those shots? Oh, that's because you have seen these shots that were taken just before those above:
clutch2007-1_10_7-22-07(3).jpg

clutch2007-1_10_7-22-07(4).jpg

clutch2007-1_10_7-22-07(5).jpg

Didn't draw blood, but it did hurt and did leave behind a nice little row of dots on the finger. Thankfully it didn't weigh more then 4-5grams.

Pictures of the last snake will be in the next post.

Jenn

#11:
clutch2007-1_11_7-22-07.jpg

clutch2007-1_11_7-22-07(2).jpg

clutch2007-1_11_7-22-07(3).jpg

Now, I thought some of these particular 11 hatchlings were something to fuss over... right up until I saw what hatched out of the egg this morning. I was floored by two in particular, two that just might have been the pair of twins (they are the smallest of the four that emerged today and they have similar patterns. It was teasing pictures of their aztec-ing that I posted earlier... but they aren't quite as nice as Granite (the father) but they are nearly fully aztec'd. I'll post pictures of them tomorrow... err, later today since it's morning technically.

Jenn

Awesome babies! I love seeing hatchling shots - they always seem to have this thing about them its like "Hi. I'm here. I'm kinda small. You are kinda big. What are you?" I know thats silly but... hey! I'm a silly girl!

If I had hatchlings, I'd have at least this quantity of pics!! I love seeing them all in such detail, Jenn!

Nanci

Back