CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Striking babies.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:18 AM   #11
Dahliasmom2012
here is a quick bit fuzzy shot of the amel stripe that seems to be adjusting well now.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #12
DollysMom
So glad she's adjusting. What a stunning beauty!

Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 AM   #13
trenna davis
beautiful babies

Old 05-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #14
Dahliasmom2012
Spot cleaned the baby bins yesterday. Was able to handle my chicken little girl, she actually moved around on me this time instead of being a frozen snake statue. I only held her a few minutes as I didn't want to stress ger, go to put her back and bam she struck a pose. She was so riled up she struck the bin side twice after. Her poor little face.

So, minor improvements with her so far. Her sibling ate while I watched, she still needs lots of privacy but is eating well too.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #15
Dahliasmom2012
Yesterday first handling session with no striking at all. She seems to be calming down.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #16
enoreg
One thing that I used to do for stressed babies is use a hook to pick them up and move them, even to drop them into my hands. The smaller they are the scarier our giant hands and heads are to them. A tiny extender hook they usually don't see. After a while you wont need to use the hook. I did it for their benefit not mine tiny corn nips are harmless.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #17
Dahliasmom2012
I'd be afraid she would dash off the hook.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #18
enoreg
Ah takes a bit of practice, just get them above your hand while still over the tank so there's a soft landing. They are hardy and a small drop won't hurt. It works best when they are coiled. Also if you can get one with a rubber coated tip they won't slide of easily.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:40 AM   #19
Dahliasmom2012
Zelda was much better. Got to weigh her, live on her a bit and although she's still a shy eater but she didn't pretend to be a cobra at all and she just finished her first shed with me. Pretty proud of her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google