CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

East Coast Frz Feeder Supplier?

Old 03-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
DLena
Question East Coast Frz Feeder Supplier?

I keep hearing that Layne Labs is the epitome of suppliers, but they are in California and I'm in Western New York. Any comparable Frozen Feeder suppliers closer to me? I'm up to 4 various sized corns now and I'm ready to start buying in bulk.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
daddio207
Big Cheese Rodents in Texas and Mice Direct in FL sends to the northeast with no issues.
I would think Layne Labs has no issues shipping here. When I buy on ebay locally vs Cali I always get the Cali stuff quicker! Planes are faster than trucks LOL

Old 03-27-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
Dragonling
Layne is just expensive to ship to the east coast since it's so far. I've been looking into closer suppliers, but haven't decided yet.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #4
DLena
Layne Labs has no problem shipping. The shipping is high, so I thought Is see if there was another excellent option for me to price-out before I made my decision. I'll check out Big Cheese and Mice Direct and get back to you.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
DollysMom
I've only bought from them at a show, but the pinkies I got from American Rodent Supply have been great. They are in Indianapolis. It looks like they ship to the east coast at their lowest rate.

Otherwise, because I'm only feeding 2 growing snakes and live in the Midwest, Layne Lab's smaller quantities work out best for me at present.

Even with shipping, if I can get it down to less per mouse than the local chain, it's a win.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #6
daddio207
Big Cheese is $29 flat rate shipping right now but depending on what you need and what is on sale whether it comes out cheaper. I go on each site and do a pre-order to compare. Sometimes its cheaper to buy from the furthest

Old 03-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #7
Nanci
I like Big Cheese the most. There is also one in Florida...Not Loxahatchee- although I haven't heard anything bad about them- South Florida Rodents. Cheap, not as clean and neat as Big Cheese, but okay.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
colubridcando18
I have used a number of them (watch for sales) ... but I mostly get stuff from American Rodent ... ship 29/box to most of New England except for the far reaches and the rodents are quite consistent in size and quality ... again I take advantage of their sales as often as I can. I have used Big Cheese too ... and if you can catch them with sales or quantity discounts ... they do a great job as others have indicated.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #9
Meghanebk
I love Loxahatchee - their website is now perfectprey.com. Prices and shipping are good, and the mice are excellent and immaculate. Most importantly, they arrive rock-solid frozen in August in swampy North Carolina. I wish they laid out the mice on trays before vacuum sealing, but I never had any problems separating them.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #10
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghanebk View Post
I love Loxahatchee - their website is now perfectprey.com. Prices and shipping are good, and the mice are excellent and immaculate. Most importantly, they arrive rock-solid frozen in August in swampy North Carolina. I wish they laid out the mice on trays before vacuum sealing, but I never had any problems separating them.
Good to hear. I usually go pick up at Burr Rodents, but it's nice to have backup.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google