CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

2 corns in one viv

Old 05-04-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
FRooTLooPS
Smile 2 corns in one viv

Hey people!
Im new to this, i got my 2 corns yesterday. I just want to find out wether i can put 2 corns in one viv. And if so, do they hav to be 1 female and 1 male? Its a 27gallon wooden viv.

Thnx

Old 05-04-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
Alex Dew
There have been a lot of disscutions about this and a lot of arguments, lol. Do a search and there will be many threads containing the information you are looking for.

p.s. Welcome to the site

Cheers
Alex

Old 05-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #3
mbodd
HI there frootloops

I have got both my cornsnakes, a male and a female in the same viv, as well as a juvenile yellow rat snake.
The main thing is to seperate them in spring, if you don't want them to breed, and to FEED THEM IN SEPARATE containers.

Regards and good luck!
Mike Boddington

Old 05-04-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Chip
Post I don't suggest it.

My 2 cents... Like Alex said, read the threads for details.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
RyanR
if you have more then 1 corn in a tank make sure u dont put 2 new HATCHLINGs in 1 tank thats the biggest risk you can take! they will go canibal as soon as tehy get hungry i have to brothers about 4 feet long almsot 2 years old never had regurge or ANYTHING but i wouldnt risk it with hatchlings! and feed in seperate tanks! And if theres regurge Seperate them untill u find out whos regurging!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
FRooTLooPS
Smile

Thanx for the advice people!!

Old 05-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
Alex Dew
Quote:
dont put 2 new HATCHLINGs in 1 tank thats the biggest risk you can take! they will go canibal as soon as tehy get hungry
I dont think that is totaly true, RyanR. Canibalism is very rare.

Alex

Old 05-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #8
Jayde
Many corns in the same viv

I have 3 corns in 1 viv.
The viv's about 5ft long and Ruby is a large female (5'5") Lord Diamond is the largest male (5'2") and Amber is the smallest male (4'5"). The all get on very well and sleep huddled up together and everyone knows their place. No ones a match for Ruby and Amber is no match for Lord Dia. And they're content, as long as they can have their own hiding places, eat seperatly and have enough water. They'll be ok.

Luv
Jayde
-x-

Old 05-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #9
Darin
Yes, do a search. I will give a quick answer though. I think the biggest problem you may have is that its probably close to impossible to keep accurate records if you have more than one snake in the enclosure. If you wake up and there are feces, how do you know which did it? Rather than seperate after a regurge to find out which did it, you would already know if they were kept seperate. I think the old advice is, if you can't afford more than one enclosure, you shouldn't have more than one snake.

Old 05-14-2004, 02:28 AM   #10
Rachel
Jayde, I already replied to another thread in which you said suggested keeping more than one snake per viv. I think you (and Frootloops) should do a search on this forum and find out what can go wrong with keeping multiple snakes per viv. I just gave a seminar on it yesterday so will post it later (if I can figure out how ). Basically, have you thought of: stress; spread of disease; competition for food, space, heat, light, hides, water etc; the chance of cannibalism....?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google