CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

1 snake is missing

Old 08-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #1
bonzor
1 snake is missing

I went to feed my hatchlings today and i discoverd that one is missing.
Iīm keeping them in candy boxes and the boxes are escape safe.
Or can they press them self out from 1-1― millimetre holes???
Or has her sibbling eaten her???

Old 08-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
Kel
I think if one hatchling had eaten another it should be pretty obvious. Unless you have one abnormally fat guy left behind, I'd say the box isn't as escape-proof as you think. You'd be very surprised at the kind of holes they can squeeze out of and they can also find loose bits of lid to squish underneath, that you won't be able to spot yourself.

Really hope you manage to find her - I remember how frantic I felt when one of mine got loose. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:27 AM   #3
bonzor
i donīt think that she has been eaten. But i cant imagen that she has squeeze her out in those smale holes. I always make sure that the lid is closed and that way she canīt have gone.
But i do have to changes the box to another and hope i do find her soon.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #4
Kel
Maybe she's well hidden under the substrate or in some of the fittings? One of my yearlings hid from me like that and I didn't find her despite emptying everything out of the viv twice. She'd crawled into an upturned flower pot and lodged herself right at the top. So when I lifted the pot to check underneath - hey presto - no snake, just like one of those conjuring tricks.

After a fortnight of beating myself up for letting her escape, I went to feed her friends and - abracadabra - there were three snakes instead of two. I found her trick out, as when I went to pick her up, she bolted and I watched her do exactly the same thing again, the little minx.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
bonzor
my first snake did that to , but this one hasenīt . Iīm still looking for her.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
babbaloo99
Oh no! Which one is missing? I agree that if the other snake had eaten it, it should be pretty obvious. But check out what happened to Khaman from a thread under Breeding/Egg Production titled "Rack Qs" (or just search Khaman)and scroll down to the third post (Sorry I can't figure out yet how to create a link to a thread). His hatchling ate the other when enclosed in the deli cup from the Daytona Show and he posted a pic. Both snakes died, but other folks posted on there that it has happened to them and the other snake (the eater) survived. I hope this wasn't the case with yours.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #7
bonzor
How fast can they dissolve a meal the same sice as them selfe???
I did compare it whit the others and she is thicker then her siblings, to make sure iīm not imagine it al i had to ask my botfriend and also he thinks she looks thicker then she normaly does.
But iīm still hope she only ecape and that we find her soon.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:13 AM   #8
Bekah
Arrow

I'm just curious as to what this "candy box" you're keeping them in is made from.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:09 AM   #9
bonzor
that are made of plastic, and the hatchlings heads are 3 times lager then the holes. I canīt imagen that they can press them self out of those. And in the lid there is no gap.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
Jicin
Tiny boxes :/ Why are they in there?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google