CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wind Serpents 2018 Planned Pairings

Old 04-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
Dragonling
Unfortunately we lost India to egg-binding. The holiday made it impossible to get her into surgery over the weekend and she wasn't able to hold on. We have two eggs that appear to be viable and are hopefully at least one will manage to hatch.

Zulu laid a beautiful clutch of around 20. We will get an actual count in a few days. Hoping this clutch will give us further insights into the genetic makeup of their grandparents, particularly the hypo-types involved.

There may also be evidence that Alpha and Nova may have mated. Of course that evidence just had to be a prolapsed hemipene...but fortunately the vet was able to remove the dead tissue and he seems to be doing fine now. He will be on antibiotics for the next two weeks and so long as we don't have any more eversions he will be able to get back to business.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #12
67temp
Sorry to hear about your lose of India. Thats so sad.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #13
DLena
Poor India. She was such a beautiful girl. I hope her two eggs hatch for you.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:14 AM   #14
Twolunger
So sorry to hear India died. That was an interesting mating with Tango. I was looking forward to seeing the progeny. I've got my fingers crossed that the eggs will hatch. Is there any possibility that you can borrow a mate for Tango to produce Cayenne Fires?

Old 04-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #15
Dragonling
Thanks, guys. She was a really sweet little thing. I was hoping to hold back a son to pair back to her to aim for some slick black-on-pink Aneries. I know another lady breeding a very dark male this year I may buy a hatchling or two from, depending on if these two hatch.

As for making more Cayenne Fires, I realized I still have a female RF Tessera het Fire I should probably hold back for that exact purpose. I also have a RF Amel het Hypo Plasma, though I suspect I will be more interested in producing Lavenders with her than more Fires. In order to facilitate keeping unplanned snakes, I may be making a few other keepers available in the near future, as well as an adult or two.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #16
Dragonling
So the first clutch is almost done hatching. Apparently I have a temperature gradient to deal with, as eggs began pipping back to front. It's now the 3rd day since the first pipped, and we have a few more yet to emerge. Unfortunately not all made it. At least 3-4 are DIE, but it was a big clutch and there are currently 13 in the hatchling rack and more absorbing their yolks still.

Once again my het x het odds were abysmal with this female, having hatched one Hypoberry out of 16 observed hatchlings. The rest are all normals, but are het for Sunkissed Diffused Lava and Caramel and possibly het Hypo/Strawberry, Motley, and Lavender.

Obviously this little male will be a keeper lol.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
Dragonling
I spoke too soon! Two more were awaiting me when I went to check on them again this afternoon. A second little Hypoberry was curled up in the corner with her normal brother. I suppose I will be keeping them both.

We'll get actual photos once the little ones have shed. After 3 meals I will be offering project pairs for sale.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
Dragonling
So apparently two I thought were DIE were just being very lazy about emerging. We did lose two for sure though, one never attempting to pip and the other passing afterward. Here's the funny part though...I have 21 empty shells and 20 hatchlings. Looks like someone managed to escape, possibly while I was sexing the first big group to hatch. I'm sure it has sequestered itself away to shed and has not gone far, so we will be setting out some traps as the first hatchlings begin to shed.

There are still only the two Hypo-things, which are *supposed* to be Hypoberries. Time will tell, hopefully.

Some potential good news on the horizon. Though I was unable to procure the pair I was really hoping to snag, I did finally get some females to match my remaining male from what was supposed to be a 5-6 gene project from Joe Pierce. You may recall that the two "females" I purchased turned out to be male, including the sire of the current clutch. These are adults fresh out of cooling, and so hopefully we will have a second round of hatchlings in September.

Possible pairings:
Strawberry Plasma het Topaz Amel
x
Strawberry het Topaz ph Blood x2

Strawberry Plasma het Topaz Amel
x
Topaz het Lavender ph Blood

Also considering attempting my Palmetto with Amethyst paradox, though if he is still skittish, Charlie my Strawberry Plasma might be a bit worn out this season lol.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #19
Dragonling
No sign of the missing hatchling. Starting to think I'm just crazy and miscounted, but I swear I counted several times over.

Zulu's clutch is almost finished hatching, though we're still waiting on several eggs to pip. As anticipated, all offspring are hypo-types, with some Motley and some very beautiful Ghost phenotypes. I'm very pleased to see that their 66% het Anery has proven out. Unfortunately no other surprise morphs, but I'm happy with the results anyway.

We are still unsure of Zulu and Kilo's genetic makeup. All we know is the mutation(s) responsible for their hypomelanism is allelic to Hypo A. I had hoped that if they were Hypoberry these babies would show distinct phenotypes, but I am only seeing very subtle differences that could be explained by natural variation. We'll probably keep them for a few sheds before offering any for sale.

Some first peeks:

Old 06-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Congrats on the babies! So sorry to hear about India.
You should definitely hold back and breed the RF Tessera
I wish I had some of my RF stuff, maybe I'll get back into the RF stuff after things settle back down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google