CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Murphy's Laws of Snake Breeding

Old 11-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #21
sacr3d bl0od
You know this is the first time i read this. And it got me thinking a few things. 1-That you won't have a 100 success rate, 2-Getting 2 snakes to mate is hard, 3-I might want to go get my little snake sexed lol.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #22
Nanci
I think I've experienced at least seven of those things, in my first year!!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
skullsnroses
hi my female snake laid 33 eggs 60 days ago and we managed to hatch 18 of them but the problem i have now is today i found 3 eggs in the tank she shares her viv with 2 other snakes all were sexed and was told all boys do i need to worry about eggs been stuck in her as my snakes are not on the skinny side so cant feel eggs any advice would be appreciated skullsnroses

Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #24
K. Rene
Yes snakes can become egg-bound and lay eggs later or have complications due to un-laid eggs. They can also double clutch meaning they retained sperm from breeding and can produce more fertile eggs later on. Also co-habitating snakes is highly frowned upon, as you now know one of the reasons why. Sounds like you need to separate them a.s.a.p and maybe do a bit more research on breeding and keeping corns :/

Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
skullsnroses
Thumbs up THANKS

hi thank you for your advice she has just laid 25 eggs today and is now also in a separate tank like i said before we took all 3 snakes to vet and was sexed was told all boys so wasn't expecting baby's lol iv read a lot of info of the internet and to be totally honest a lot of it contradicts it self, according to the reptile vet today it was a double clutch she had, plus if i don't ask a question i wont get an answer lol hence me asking you as you seam to know a great deal about snakes and as i said before im not a breeder but have been around snakes all my life

Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #26
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsnroses View Post
hi thank you for your advice she has just laid 25 eggs today and is now also in a separate tank like i said before we took all 3 snakes to vet and was sexed was told all boys so wasn't expecting baby's lol iv read a lot of info of the internet and to be totally honest a lot of it contradicts it self, according to the reptile vet today it was a double clutch she had, plus if i don't ask a question i wont get an answer lol hence me asking you as you seam to know a great deal about snakes and as i said before im not a breeder but have been around snakes all my life
You really should start a thread of your own on this topic, you will get more help.
What did the vet mean by double clutch???

Old 06-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #27
skullsnroses
she said it was sperm left over from last breeding session i explained she shared her viv with 2 other corns and she said she may have been caught again and to remove her, im not sure how to do a thread so was reading others and yours seamed to have the best advice on it i join this forum for advice yesterday when i saw just 3 eggs but thank you for the advice you have given and offered. katalina

Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsnroses View Post
she said it was sperm left over from last breeding session i explained she shared her viv with 2 other corns and she said she may have been caught again and to remove her, im not sure how to do a thread so was reading others and yours seamed to have the best advice on it i join this forum for advice yesterday when i saw just 3 eggs but thank you for the advice you have given and offered. katalina
Click here http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10 and go to start new thread.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #29
Farmgirl
ok, so my question then is:

"is there such a thing as a FALSE MALE when a breeder sexed him as a hatchling??"

I didn't ask her if she popped or probed.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #30
Nanci
Well I guess you could see scent glands and think it was hemipenes...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google