CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Strange

Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
NFS07
Strange

When I say this it's because I have become VERY confused in the last uhhh 10 mins.

Without fail after I feed my corn will go into his hide and stay there for a few hours before coming out drinking and than going back into the hide. This has been how he does things since I got him in Aug. and through every feeding I have done between now and than.

Today I fed him, I know that he is not still wanting food because I gave him a larger sized mouse because I won't be able to feed him until next Sat. He took it fine, it was time for an upgrade anyways. But yeah, so after he moved the mouse to the "spot" where it stays I put him back into his cage. He went right to his hide but within 5 mins was out and moving. He is moving all over his cage. This has never happened before.

Is it normal for them to change their patterns? Also he is a week late on shedding. In the past it's always been the first week of the month he would go blue but he has not and we are getting ready for the third week. Could this change his patterns?

Temps in tank: Cool side 75.4 with hum at 75% Warm side: 86.5. So thats all normal and correct.

Any ideas?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
djfreebase
Seem's like normal behavior to me. As they get bigger shedding, happens less frequently

Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
cornmad
wish my snake was like that i never see mine

Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
v_various
yup, sounds normal.

One of mine changes his patterns frequently, my other two never come out. You're lucky!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
wade
You have obviously not given this animal a new day planner for 2008. A palm pilot or pda would really help your snake stay on schedule.

by the by, I am joking and not being serious in any way. Please don't take offence at anything I have said or implied. Not everyone understands or appreciates my sense of humor and some find it offensive. My name has been changed to protect my innocence.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google