• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Morph Z, Ashy, Cinder, Axanthic or other?

What is the right name for this morph?

• Morph Z

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Ashy

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cinder

Votes: 54 71.1%
  • Axanthic

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Anery *C*

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gone for Z, but i quite like cinder too at the moment.. i know rich likes ashy, and i guess he deserves to choose, but i'm not keen on the name myself... nice snakes though lol

I went cinder. Not too keen on ashy either to be honest with you, but it's not our decision to make. ;)

I like Cinder. It doesn't matter though.......Snopal seems to be the most widely accepted name for a triple homo lavender anery amelanistic, but when someone calls it a Glacier no one throws a fit. There doesn't have to be 100% continuity. :)

Chris

Last edited:
I guess I like cinder, I have gotten used to it and I like the fact it starts with C for anery C. Seems to have caught on anyway, I used to just call them z's, but I've been calling them cinder for a while now so it would be kind of hard to start calling them ashy.

shed'n my skin said:
I guess I like cinder, I have gotten used to it and I like the fact it starts with C for anery C. Seems to have caught on anyway, I used to just call them z's, but I've been calling them cinder for a while now so it would be kind of hard to start calling them ashy.

I think I like cinder best too.
But of course these aren't really anery's since they do have reds. The amel cinder's have some really beautiful reds on on a white background.
But I see no yellow in the normal cinders or amels....are these guys really axanthic corns?

Cinder hands down. I don't like the rest but then again I am not the one who produced this snake. Rich has the right to call it what he wants. I feel that Cinder is the best name that describes or will hold true to the description of the snake. I personally don't hold this morph very high on my "Snakes to have" list. Yes a new morph is exciting but there are definitely others that i prefer over it. J.M.O.
Jay :cool:

PJCReptiles said:
Rich has the right to call it what he wants. I feel that Cinder is the best name that describes or will hold true to the description of the snake.
Just as "mocha" was displaced by "lavender", "ashy" is running a distant second to "cinder". The first to discover a morph may choose a name for it, but that doesn't guarantee that the corn keeping public will stay with it. As most of us seem inclined to use cinder, that is the name that is likely to stick.

jaxom1957 said:
Just as "mocha" was displaced by "lavender", "ashy" is running a distant second to "cinder". The first to discover a morph may choose a name for it, but that doesn't guarantee that the corn keeping public will stay with it. As most of us seem inclined to use cinder, that is the name that is likely to stick.

Absolutely correct Jax. The person who produced the morph gets to name it but that doesn't mean that it will be accepted as a whole by the general masses in this hobby. I think it will come down to what the industry feels comfortable with. Case in point, I don't think people would like the name Hypo Mocha. What would you call it a "Latte"? :shrugs:
Jay :cool:

I think it would be nice if it were like Charcoal, which is also refered to genetically as Anery Type B- expect it would be Cinder, genetically Anery Type C.

Topazfyre said:
I think it would be nice if it were like Charcoal, which is also refered to genetically as Anery Type B- expect it would be Cinder, genetically Anery Type C.

But that makes no more sense than naming lava "Anery type B". They're not anery type genes!

Man, all the "Anery C" votes are suprising me. Maybe we should post pics more often. :)

A lot of Cinders have MUCH more red and than this one, but this was the first close up I could find. I see way too much red for Anery to be a good term.

Attachments

• P1011596cr.JPG
    P1011596cr.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 102
I see. I'm sorry, I see you both are right- most of the cinders I've seen are more brownish than red. Then again, they're also mostly hatchlings. However, after reading this, I went back and found some more adult pics that also show the reds. My mistake for jumping in uninformed. :duck: Thank you for the correction, though- better I think to have posted and be corrected than to have not and continued to be wrong.
icon_3nodding.gif

carol said:
Man, all the "Anery C" votes are suprising me. Maybe we should post pics more often. :)

A lot of Cinders have MUCH more red and than this one, but this was the first close up I could find. I see way too much red for Anery to be a good term.

Hi Carol
I agree 100%
But I see no yellow in that photo. I've never seen any yellow (or orange) in any Cinder. Are Cinder's Axanthic? Or have I just been seeing the wrong photos??

Back